Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Fraudia
    replied
    My work with the world trade center offices was very interesting, although the pace of work was slower than I was used to since I worked at the World Trade Center in US for a year before taking on the Pakistan assignment.

I was heading a specific initiative and usually met with the director once a week to give him an update while sipping tea in his office.

The work was interesting, the people very cooperative, but some did tend to waste time by idle chit chat quite a bit. late arrivals early departures, long lunches.. worked 60% of the time probably

But in general people were very professional and hard working and intelligent, there were a few foriegn graduates there as well as some grads of IBA etc.

I was able to mix in quite quickly, and even though they gave me hell for being an angraiz, it was all in good spirit.

Overall I felt that I could accomplish more but as open as the organization was it was still slower moving than i was used to, which was good due to little pressure but bad because if i was done with my work for the week on wednesday, i just sat around and with no internet just umm sat around.

I would not have any issues taking an assignment in pakistan again.

Recently I have heard from my pals working with multinationals there that the workpace as well as style has found a pretty good balance and this one guy who works with a multinational has been back and forth to his offices in US, Uka nd singapore and was able to function just as well.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Fraudia
    replied
    Chutney

I had the opprtunity to do one internship IN Pakistan with Colgate Palmolive during my undergrad and worked with the world trade center there for a bit after my undergrad.

I know of a few ppl who went to Pakistan after finishing their degrees in the USA and are doing well with good firms. It depends on your degree and who you kow is very important there.

Leave a comment:

• SADI
    replied
    she is quite satisfied with her job, she works with a foreign instituation i cant say where without asking sorry, the last time I saw her she looked fine, gotta say that working in pakistan has many advantages, like not too much stress, your own ppl, and you get a lot of help from family and if you can afford it there are ppl who will do your house chors very cheaply. But karachi can be very hot, and after 9/11 problems she came back for a while so a bit unstable if you dont mind.

hey if you are at information technology there is a job offer for foreign students or professions at beaconhouse informatics in this section, just search in the older threads you will find it, if not tell me I will do it for you.

Leave a comment:

• Chutney
    replied
    Hi SADI

sounds cool..do u know where she works??and does she like her job and the atmosphere???

------------------
    "Which is it, of the favours of your Lord, that ye deny?"

Leave a comment:

• SADI
    replied
    well actually I know a girl who went to pakistan(karachi) from europe after finishing her studies to work. She likes working there and is doing well, has a well social life and the pay according to her is great.

Leave a comment:

• Chutney
    started a topic Internship in Karachi

Internship in Karachi

Hi ppl

I was wondering whether some of u guys have been to Karachi/other cities in Pakistan for work from Europe after finishin ur studies???

I was thinking of an internetship in an International firm in Karachi when I finish my studies..to experience pakistan on my own and have fun there...

so if some of u guys have tried that than plz feel free to tell all about how it was...

------------------
    "Which is it, of the favours of your Lord, that ye deny?"
Working...
X