Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The One Day Job

Well folks, I got a job!

It wasn't the kind of job I wanted, but it was a job. In trying times you tend to take whatever you can get. However, this job wasn't meant to be.

I went the first day to work, feeling so happy and cheery. I was all smiles! Then I started working. The work requires me to stand most of the day. It's relatively easy work, doesn't require a college education, however, I couldn't do it!

Why? MY FEET WERE HURTING after just three hours. *cwy* All my fault that I have gotten out of shape the past year and now I can't even do a job that requires me to stand. Something I did just a little over a year ago. I was surprised at myself. Good thing I have gym membership.

I called the girl who was training me, and let her know I wasnt going back in to work today. She said, "that's fine" with complete calm and then I hung up the phone with a smile on my face.

Back to the drawing board! *sigh*

I dont know if I should just wait till I get married or work until then.

I like to tell my employer that I dont intend to be there long. Hmm.

What to do?
    ------------------
    Learn to love yourself, then learn to love one-another

[This message has been edited by Munni (edited December 26, 2001).]
    "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Munni: Once I would envy the students who got supported by their parents and did their education and not to worry about their finances. I did got support but I prefered to work part time next to my studies. Not very easy thing to do but I never stopped to work, even in one job I had to carry some heavy stuff around, I was in the cloths branche but I did not quit that job because it suited my study hours. After some few months they noticed that I was good in computers and typing they moved me to their computer department and everything got better and I did my new job very well. If I would have given up then well I might not have given that IT job, after I finished my computer college, I found my new job in a bank, mostly because of my experince of working with computers at my previous workplace. At one time I never imagined that my hard work will do me good, but it did. http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif
    I only mean to say it does not matter what kind of work you do but dont give up so soon.
    It can only become better if you keep on going and studing and learning more. On good think from all that carring and running around I lost so much weight http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

One more thing I am now thinking of taking evening classes next to my current work for some higher management education.

I know many ppl who work so hard and study. I hope this may help, well good luck Munni.

[This message has been edited by SADI (edited December 26, 2001).]

Comment

Sadi,

Thanks for the encouragement! The only reason I am considering doing a job before marriage is due to certain bills that need to be paid. After marriage I will be going for my Masters Insha'Allah and I dont intend to work at that time. The idea is to get involved with my husband in our own business insha'Allah. It is true that I can gain some valuable experience by working, but I rather study and then learn whatever I can from his father( a businessman), insha'Allah. Therefore, I dont know if I should stress myself right now because marriage will probably be in March insha'Allah! You see what I mean?! *smile*

------------------
      Learn to love yourself, then learn to love one-another
      "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Comment

a restaurant job is it? or retail?

I always thought it was sad that menial jobs like such get absolutely no respect back home.

I've worked in bars and restaurants..even hospitals...doing petty jobs, but somehow I don't think I could do it back home.....

Respect is the key word i guess.

anywho, from experience with standing-for-9-hours-job a few pointers:

°wear comfy shoes... I would also recommend an ankle support or something along those lines.
        °do not get into the habit of putting ur body weight on one foot, when ure idle..
        °make an effort to learn and perform simple isometric exercises during breaks.

good luck to ya!

------------------
        saw a blonde sitting on pinnochio's face shouting "lie to me, lie to me!"

Comment

Originally posted by double roti:

°wear comfy shoes... I would also recommend an ankle support or something along those lines.
          °do not get into the habit of putting ur body weight on one foot, when ure idle..
          °make an effort to learn and perform simple isometric exercises during breaks.

Adding to that....when standing....stand with yur feet bent inwards... That distributes your weight on yur feet uniformly.

Comment

hey Munni,
            When are u getting married?

Comment

Working...
            X