Intern Journalist Position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intern Journalist Position

I am the Associate Editor of Sojourner, a nationally known feminist, progressive newspaper. We are looking for interns and would like to connect with South Asian women, who are interested in journalism and women's issues. Below is a description of the internship program and how to apply. If you need more information, please contact me at [email protected] or call me at 617-524-0415. Thank you in advance for your time,

Gabrie'l Atchison, Ph.D.

We are looking for interns with good writing skills, knowledge of feminist issues and progressive politics. Sojourner offers internships in editorial and business/non-profit aspects of feminist feminist publishing. Editorial interns may focus on news and commentary or on the arts. Sojourner provides training and many opportunities to learn new skills: Interviewing, proofreading, reporting, writing and fact checking. Interns in the business/non-profit side of the paper might work on advertising, fundraising or distribution. We may also have possibilities for someone interested in design.

Flexible schedule and writing assignments offered. Internships usually begin in January, June, or September (though there is some flexibility for start and end dates) and require a minimum commitment of 16 hours per week for three months. We have rolling admissions and will stop accepting applications once the internship positions have been filled. All internships are unpaid, but offer excellent editorial experience.

To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and two short nonfiction writing samples to Amy Pett, Editor in Chief, Sojourner, 42 Seaverns Avenue, Boston, MA 02130 Attn: Internship Search or by email saved as RTF documents to [email protected].

R_B_B,

Check it out.

Comment

Many many thanks for posting... I think I might know someone who might be interested. Will forward it to her.

Comment

Originally posted by Nadia_H:
        Many many thanks for posting... I think I might know someone who might be interested. Will forward it to her.
        We aim to please http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif heheheheh

Comment

Working...
        X