Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a job!!!!!!

Hi,

Why is it so hard to find a job these days? I have a BA in Political Science, and not one company wants to hire me. They all say they want work experience. Its soooo saaaaaaad!!! Even secretarial positions want you to have atleast one year of experience with word, excel and powerpoint!!! Whats this world coming to?!?! I never knew it would come to this! Who knew???

-munni

"O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Munni, Sorry to hear what you are going through but trust me, you are not alone in this world. I had a lot of problem to get my first proper job.

Don't worry and just keep on trying until some one out there needs you.

Keep trying, I don't know where you live so I can't give you any ideas.

[This message has been edited by mbmagsi (edited September 07, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by mbmagsi:
      Munni, Sorry to hear what you are going through but trust me, you are alone in this world.
      I think someone missed two letters somewhere in there :~P

Comment

You are right Who--me. I was suppose to have said, You are not alone in this world. Thanks for point that out. http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

Comment

I need a job too but i always knew it would be difficult so i am all chill aik na aik din khudhi mil jai gi Insha Allah just wait and see (thats another thing i might not need it as badly as now http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/biggrin.gif)
          Good luck don't worry u will find one

------------------
          Dhondo gey humein mulkon mulkon
          milney key nahi, nayab hey hum
          We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

Hi,

Thanks you all for the encouragement. I believe I will find one Insha'Allah.

I am in Florida, btw.

-munni

Comment

Two words: Political Science

Comment

Originally posted by Munni:
                Hi,

Thanks you all for the encouragement. I believe I will find one Insha'Allah.

I am in Florida, btw.

-munni
                I got a friend who is in Florida .He may be able to help you.
                Let me know if you want his contact info.

-Dimple

[This message has been edited by naeem_dimple (edited September 10, 2001).]

Comment

In the mean time munni consider going to a graduate school and with your background may be international relations....

Comment

Where do y'all live? I am a Human Resources Coordinator at an Italian food service distribution company so I hire/fire alot. I can help you folks out if I can.

Comment

Thanks all!

Naeem, who do you know?

Mona I have emailed you, thanks.

Comment

Munni,
                        I think the first thing for a job search is to define what you are looking for. By knowing exactly the type of job you are looking for makes it easier to find it.

Are you willing to relocate? Is there much opportunity in FL for political science majors?

I wish you luck with your search. http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

Comment

Thanks Yasmine. http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

I still haven't found one yet, but am still hoping!

I looked in my field but its a tough field to break-into.

I am willing to relocate if the price is right. http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif hehe.

Comment

There are some great books out there which will help you figure out what you love to do and what you should do. Just go to a book store and look in the job search area. Lots of great books.

As a college graduate, you are capable of doing many things; you can branch out of political science into other fields if they interests you. Just figure out what interests you which helps you narrow your job search.

[This message has been edited by Yasmine (edited October 20, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                            X