Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teach in Pakistan

Hello guys,
    Here is something you can do for yourselves as well as for your country..Trust me its a WIN-WIN Situation , write to me if you or anyone you know, could be interested. My e-mail is: [email protected]

INTRODUCTION TO TEACH IN PAKISTAN INITIATIVE

Beaconhouse-Informatics was established in April 1996 as a joint venture between Beaconhouse Group Pakistan and Informatics Holdings Ltd Singapore, with a view to fulfill the increasing demand for qualified personnel in the field of Information Technology (IT) in Pakistan. Informatics is based in Singapore and its IT programs are offered in a number of Asian countries.
    BeaconHouse Informatics has affiliation arrangements with two leading foreign universities namely Curtin University, Australia and University of Portsmouth, UK. It is also affiliated with the University of the Punjab.

The objective of Teach In Pakistan Initiative launched by
    Beaconhouse Informatics, Pakistan is to utilize the expertise of Pakistani
    and other nationals studying or working in the field of IT in the developed
    world for the benefit the students in Pakistan.
    The plan is envisaged to enable visiting teachers
    to contribute towards overcoming the shortage of IT faculty
    in Pakistan besides renewing their personal and professional contacts.

The monetary aspect is secondary. Hence we call the teaching work
    as Consultancy and the compensation as Stipend. We believe that
    the visiting teachers would take in the spirit of service
    to the community.

The broad package is as under:
    As notified, the return air fare to and from country of residence
    be covered. The stipend would be around Rs. 30,000 to 40,000 per
    month depending upon the qualifications and experience of applicant
    Free furnished lodging would be provided to only those teachers
    who do not have a home in the city which they are working.
    Office space with computer and Internet facility would be provided.

The teaching load would be 2-3 courses per semester which is
    less than of the normal load of our faculty. The idea is to enable
    the visiting teachers to continue their own research and development
    work here. The minimum involvement would be for one semester
    which is 17 weeks.

Dr. Khaver Zia
    Director
    Beaconhouse-Informatics
    Lahore.

hmm..

Hi Ramis! I've been working in IT Consulting for the last 2 1/2 years after completing a polytechnical school for "EDP and Organization here in Vienna". Could you send me an e-mail with some detailed information about this initiative? My email address is [email protected]

------------------
    Umer, the Pakistani Brain of Austria
    The Pakistani Brain of the Austria (formerly known as "The Pakistani Brain of UAE")

Comment

Umer thatīll be the first thing in the morning bro. Here is an URL though : http://informatics.edu.pk
      hmm..

Comment

[This message has been edited by who---me (edited May 07, 2002).]

Comment

W-M Honestly I donīt know much about Informatics. I guess people have to find out for themselves.

Umer Check your mailbox http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif
          hmm..

Comment

Ramis,

Thanx for the Info, yaar. I'll contact Dr. Zia. http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/biggthumb.gif Keep up the good work, man.

------------------
            The Pakistani Brain of the Austria (formerly known as "The Pakistani Brain of UAE")

Comment

Who-me:

That's why we (the overseas IT professionals) should go there and raise the level of education. http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

------------------

Comment

Ramis,

I sent an e-mail to Dr. Zia almost 2 weeks ago. How long does he usually take to respond?

------------------

Comment

Hi Umer,

Well he used to answer the mail in a week or two..could be he is busy?!?..

why donīt you try to give him a call? http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif
                  hmm..

Comment

Just bringing this topic back to show you, how I found my job in Pakistan! Ramis, if you are reading this:

THANK YOU!

------------------

Comment

Congratulations Umer! And thank you for telling us how you did it. It's nice to see people really, truly benefiting from Gupshup and the information that is shared here.

Comment

Thanks Muzna! Yes it's really exciting. Found out about it online and then the whole process from sending the application until getting the actual job from Informatics happened online by e-mail exchange.

Do you eventually know, if Ramis is still around? I haven't seen him for quite a while now.

------------------

Comment

I'm bringing back this topic because of two reasons:

1) This thread on Gupshup helped me to find my current job as a TIP lecturer here in Lahore (Pakistan). So I thought maybe some fellow guppies, who are IT professionals overseas would be interested to work in Pakistan as well even if it's just due to the current IT crisis in US and Europe.

2) Beaconhouse Informatics is still looking for good, professional people from overseas to teach here within that TIP program.

------------------

Comment

Hi Umer,

I wanted to ask few questions about this job, please check your inbox. Thanks

Comment

Then you havent studied at Beacon House School,http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/ok.gif one of the best schools in Pakistan, british standard was tought, hope they still are on the top, miss my old schooldays there, we had so much fun.

[This message has been edited by The Unknown Soldier (edited May 07, 2002).]

Comment

Working...
                              X