Change a Class because of a Prof?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change a Class because of a Prof?

I have a question for you guys. I've signed up for this course.. and the prof that's teaching it is my old finance professor and well she totally screwed me over in finance..so now I'm wondering if I should drop that class and take another one. I really wanted to take this course..but now that this prof is teaching it..I dunno if I should get out of it. What do you guys think???

------------------
    "Labaik, Allahumma Labaik, Labaik La Sharika Laka Labaik, Innal Hamda Wa N'amata Laka Wal Mulk, La Sharika Lak." "Here I am at your service, O Allah, here I am. Here I am at your service and no partners do you have. Verily All Praise and All Bounty belong to you, and Yours alone is The Sovereignty. No partners do you have."
    22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

if there are other students like you then get the prof changed.

Dont go to the Student Admin. Goto the Student Union and talk to them. If you have enough ppl wil you, they'll help you out and keep yur names secret too.

If yur alone in this, change the class.

------------------
    ICBM Target Coords: 27.500S, 153.017E

Comment

She's the only one teaching this course. I'm not sure if I should stick it out..or get into another class.

------------------
      "Labaik, Allahumma Labaik, Labaik La Sharika Laka Labaik, Innal Hamda Wa N'amata Laka Wal Mulk, La Sharika Lak." "Here I am at your service, O Allah, here I am. Here I am at your service and no partners do you have. Verily All Praise and All Bounty belong to you, and Yours alone is The Sovereignty. No partners do you have."
      22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Comment

screwed me over

Can you tell us what you mean by that?

did she mark you unfairly? Or was it that you didnt like her teaching style? Has she got a grudge against you?

I mean if she doesnt have something just against you then you can put in some extra effort and get through the course.

Comment

well marks wise she screwed me. At the final she said she would bump the class average up but in the end she didn't. So our section was the only one that didn't get a 20% bump up (10% at the midterm and 10% at the final).

Her teaching style is okie...

------------------

Comment

Well I guess if her style is okie then you should go for it.

chances of her doing the same thing again to you wont be that big if that was a one off incidence.

Comment

I would stick it up and really work hard!!

You don't have much options and Running away usually doesn't solve the problem! What if next semester she is the one teaching it again. But do you have to have this course?

If you do stick it out, do let her know that you are working hard for this course! Impressions do count--mark my lips!!!!
              I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
              - Robert McCloskey

Comment

I suppose....

------------------

Comment

Good Girl!
                  I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                  - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Haha..I dropped the class. I'll take it next year inshallah http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif So either way itz not a loss I suppose.

------------------

Comment

Unless this is a required course that you have to take now, I would have dropped it too. No reason to subject yourself to extra pressure. And as far as professors go, their patterns stay the same year after year. You may want to talk to other students who have taken this class before and see if their experiences have been similar.

During college we maintained files with student remarks on every class and every professor including copies of tests, quizzes, exams and assignments. Made it very easy to go for the right class and right professor. If itís a course in your major and required or is of personal interest to you then definitely do it otherwise there are tons of other profs and tons of other courses available.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraudz:
                        And as far as professors go, their patterns stay the same year after year.
                        I have this professor for TCOM whom I have had for over 4 semesters over the years. No change in style, mannerisms, heck even the jokes are the same. Like watching a rerun.

But dropping the class was better. Better to give it time now and let the prof. forget it. They don't have long memories, been my experience.

Comment

I would get the opinion of other students before making a final ddecision. Finding the right professor is a tricky business sometimes. You may find ones who grade easy but don't teach Jack while others teach extremely rigourously and grade equally harsh.

Newayz, I would just make sure that (1) other students also see him the same way or (2) the teacher doesn't quite hate your guts (hard to know but its known to have happened). Although it doesn;t appear to the case since you said he treated the entire class in the same manner, otherwise if (2) is the case, drop eveyrthing and run to the door. If its a major class and since he's the only one teaching and its quite possible that he may be the only one teaching next semester, try to improvise. Otherwise, take Music Appreciation or Yoga instead of this clown to mellow yourself out and take it next semester...

Comment

Working...
                          X