Any job leads in London?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any job leads in London?

I am not sure if I am on the right path here. Wife has been out of work, laid off, for 5 months now. She is EE with work exp. in Telecom. She has family in London so residence will not be problem.

This really feels funny. But given the situation I don't think this is a bad approach. What do you guys think?

Does she have work permit for London? Otherwise it might be easier to look for work in Canada (assuming you are currently in Pakistan).

I know there are a few guppies here in England so they should be able to help you get some leads.

Comment

jannu bhai, It is kind of uncertain situation here in the UK as well. Telecoms sector is badly hurt all over the world. I think she should try sending her CV to some London Recruitment Agencies using her London's address. Also, www.stepstone.com or www.stepstone.co.uk is a good starting point.

Always use London's address for communication purpose so that empleyers feel easy to recruit someone locally. Also, specify that she would even prefer a telephonic interview.

Also pray 2 rakaat hajaat prayer and everything should be fine. http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

Comment

Gosh, isn't the US such a huge country that u'd wanna look for jobs here first before you start packing up yer bags to go to that crowded city?

Sorry bro, wish I could give u a lead.

Comment

Originally posted by khan_sahib:
          jannu bhai, It is kind of uncertain situation here in the UK as well.
          Thanks, Khan Sahib. I will do that, the prayer, and also look into the job site you mentioned. She also knows about this and asked me to check into it. I told her that someone might have an inside lead and if that's that case then that would be better.

I will try to check in to the site tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by hmcq:
            Does she have work permit for London? Otherwise it might be easier to look for work in Canada (assuming you are currently in Pakistan).
            She is a British citizen. Never go American citizenship for fear of loosing her British nationality. We are in U.S.A.

I know there are a few guppies here in England so they should be able to help you get some leads.
            I am hoping for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Muni:
              Gosh, isn't the US such a huge country that u'd wanna look for jobs here first before you start packing up yer bags to go to that crowded city?

We have young kids and she has her family in London. We think that if an opportunity arises in London, she can move there with the kids while I maintain house here in U.S. I work full time. If she were to relocate to another state, which she has options of, then it won't be feasible with the kids. Given our present condition, it is better for her to move back home with her family if an opportunity arises and get the kids enrolled in school there. We have bought a new home and don't want to loose it at any cost or until we can somehow manage to keep it.

She also just got hired on as a hair salon store manager paying a little over min. wage. So we have gained a like a month which is better.

Sorry bro, wish I could give u a lead.

Thanks

Comment

Jannu

Your wife can apply for american citizenship and not lose her British citizenship from what I understand.

If you dont mind, let me know what city you are in. I may know people who could help.

Keep trying, pray and InshaAllah all will be well. As far as job leads in LOndon go, you may want to talk to blackzero since he is there and may be able to get some first hand info.

Look into Underwriters Laboratories, ETL and other conformity assessment companies, they seem to be less affected by the economy.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraudz:
                  [b]Jannu

Your wife can apply for american citizenship and not lose her British citizenship from what I understand.[/]
                  Didn't know that. Will call a local immigration lawyer to confirm.

If you dont mind, let me know what city you are in. I may know people who could help.

i've said it before so I can again: Dallas.

Keep trying, pray and InshaAllah all will be well. As far as job leads in LOndon go, you may want to talk to blackzero since he is there and may be able to get some first hand info.
                  Yes. And I will PM him.
                  Some of the people my cousine knows in Dallas are now working in desi gas stations. Bad times indeed. Har cheez meiN Allah ki maslehat hoti hai.

Comment

Working...
                  X