Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need help for a better institute for further education,... in any country...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help for a better institute for further education,... in any country...

i want to know about medical college, in USA. right now i am doing FSc...

well I thought this was Tech Talk.

Anyways .. I am studying at Ohio State University, and here the Medical school is supposedly one of the best onez in US.

I dont know what other details to give. Check USNEWS.COM

Best of luck

Aatif

Comment

First u need to do pre-med.
      Unlike Pakistan, where immediately after FSc, u enter a medical college, in the US, u have to do 3 years of pre-med in a university before u join a medical school.

I'd suggest join any good university for pre-med, and then while you are here, you will have 3 years to look around and decide which medical school you want to join later on.....based on the cost, location, standard etc.

Comment

Originally posted by coolbluebubble:
        i want to know about medical college, in USA. right now i am doing FSc...
        If you want to aim for top of the line there are very few schools compareable to Harvard or Columbia in the medical field.

Comment

Or johns hopkins, Temple, Penn, minnesota, chicago etc.

Pakistani colleges are great why not try Dow or Aga Khan. It is also more convenient for Pakistani students to go to med schools in UK due to similar systems.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

I wouldn't suggest UK, because if u are a Pakistani & coming to study in UK for medical. Then per year fees is around 15000 GBP. Five years & you will end up with 75000 + books & living. God u will end up paying nearly 100000 for five years medical.

Mehnga Sauda hay bhaee.

Comment

US may be even more expensive because not only is it expensive, it takes a longer time as well. do pre med and then try to get in med school and spend more time there.

if funds are not a concern, any option is workable, same goes for grades.

One of the cheapest options is to go to sri lanka. I knew some ppl who went to sri lankan med schools. another inexpensive option is Dominican republic where even tons of US students who dinn make it in or cant afford US med school tuition go to.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

The choice you make also depends on where you want to practice after you finish med school. A harvard,John Hopkins, Oxford graduate will be recognized through out the world but that may not be the case for every school.

Comment

Hmcq that is true but not everyone can go to top medical schools in US because of expense as well as their extremely selective criteria. If you can afford it and can get in, more power to you. Scholarships to foreign students, especially for med school stuff comes rarely. If you have that much intellectual ability, you may be better off going to Dow or AKU and then coming to US for more specialized training.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraudz:
                    you may be better off going to Dow or AKU and then coming to US for more specialized training.
                    After my brother finished his B.S. we were talking about him going to Agha Khan in Pakistan for his pre-meds. Due to financial condition that did not pan out and he ended up in a Medical school in the Carribean. He was just a tad below the limits. He has pulled through and now in residency in Ohio.

If the option is there, Agha Khan is the better choice for overseas students before they come to U.S.

Comment

Working...
                    X