13 Indian companies among BUSINESS WEEK'S top 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13 Indian companies among BUSINESS WEEK'S top 200

13 Indian companies are among BUSINESS WEEK'S top 200 companies in the emerging markets http://www.timesofindia.com/today/02busi1.htm
    NEW YORK: Thirteen Indian companies, led by Hindustan Lever, are among top 200 companies in the emerging markets based on their market value as of May 31 last, according to Businessweek magazine.

Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC) makes to the list for the first time.

China Mobile (Hong Kong) maintains the top position with a market value of $90167 million. But Taiwan Semiconductor Mfg, which retains second rank, is way down in the market value at $30861 million.

Hindustan Lever with a market value of $9236 million tops among Indian companies even though its ranking has come down to 22 from last year's 15.

Both Reliance Industries and Reliance Petroleum improved their rankings.

While Reliance Industries, with a market value of $8809 million, was ranked 23 against 38 last year, Reliance Petroleum, with a market value of $5399 million, went up to 57 position from 78 it occupied last year.

Software giant Wipro improved its ranking to 27 from 30 last year with a market value of $8300 million. But Infosys Technologies, with a market value of $5311 million, lost ground and was relegated to 58 position compared with 25 last year.

VERY GOOD NEWS,.....NUETRAL SOURCE PLEASE,....Times of India,..is not Nuetral,...http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Waiting for your answer,......http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸

A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Monk:
      13 Indian companies are among BUSINESS WEEK'S top 200 companies in the emerging markets http://www.timesofindia.com/today/02busi1.htm
      NEW YORK: Thirteen Indian companies, led by Hindustan Lever, are among top 200 companies in the emerging markets based on their market value as of May 31 last, according to Businessweek magazine.

Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC) makes to the list for the first time.

China Mobile (Hong Kong) maintains the top position with a market value of $90167 million. But Taiwan Semiconductor Mfg, which retains second rank, is way down in the market value at $30861 million.

Hindustan Lever with a market value of $9236 million tops among Indian companies even though its ranking has come down to 22 from last year's 15.

Both Reliance Industries and Reliance Petroleum improved their rankings.

While Reliance Industries, with a market value of $8809 million, was ranked 23 against 38 last year, Reliance Petroleum, with a market value of $5399 million, went up to 57 position from 78 it occupied last year.

Software giant Wipro improved its ranking to 27 from 30 last year with a market value of $8300 million. But Infosys Technologies, with a market value of $5311 million, lost ground and was relegated to 58 position compared with 25 last year.
      very good awesome but one question. With all these tall claims how come India is still one of the poorest country on the planet with half a billion below poverty line.

Other thn that I was wondering why the universe was shaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdali:
        very good awesome but one question. With all these tall claims how come India is still one of the poorest country on the planet with half a billion below poverty line.

Other thn that I was wondering why the universe was shaking.

Yaar Abdali,....Now the average kidney price in India will be higher than Ten Thousand Rupees,...also,...Just listen to their stats,...http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif
        Yaar after all Times of India has to fill out some spaces too,....Atleast we must give them some credit for it,......http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

Comment

Originally posted by TARIQ786USA:
          VERY GOOD NEWS,.....NUETRAL SOURCE PLEASE,....Times of India,..is not Nuetral,...http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif
          +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
          Waiting for your answer,......http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif
          Arey ullu ke patthe...
          This survey is by BUSINESS WEEK, not by Times OF India... TOI is just quoting Business week.. If u think TOI has fabricated stuff for whatever purpose and the millions of people who read the paper are fools... go to Business Weeks news-site and verify for yourself.
          I am not your noukar, samjhe..

Comment

Originally posted by Old Monk:
            Arey ullu ke patthe...
            This survey is by BUSINESS WEEK, not by Times OF India... TOI is just quoting Business week.. If u think TOI has fabricated stuff for whatever purpose and the millions of people who read the paper are fools... go to Business Weeks news-site and verify for yourself.
            I am not your noukar, samjhe..

Learn some manners,..Keep this cheap language to yourself,.....and go and sell your kidney to any one who pays you some money,.....This what you guyz are upto,....international market of,...human parts,.,......Keep up the good work of selling every parts you guyz can,.......lol,..
            taking pride in something,...which doesn't have anything ,...to do with you people,...BTW,..that site is,.......from TIMES OF INDIA.....look at this ,.....if you are not blind,.....www.timesofindia.com,.....this is,...timesofindia site,...even link address tells yaa,........Kapeesh,...Now go and get the nuetral site,..if you can,.....otherwise,......keep your mouth sealed,......also,...If that was the case then you might have gave business weekely link,.....the one you gave is bogus,.......and baseless,....

[This message has been edited by TARIQ786USA (edited July 01, 2001).]

Comment

What really gives me the fits is the fact that here we have Indians, yes Indians making comments about economy.

Sorry fellows, your self reliance policy just turned you into an impoverished Soviet Union. Now frankly, if you open up trade and economy as much as Pakistan has, if you de-regulate your economy and let the competititon in you will have the worlds largest graveyard of industry in one place.

Now for you to come out and make such remarks about Pakistan is funny beyond humor!! Your comments are as if you are Norwegians or Saudis. Grow up gents. You have a long way to catch up with Pakistan. Size alone doesn't matter (it does but for different applications!).

So we accord due respect and caution to you . When you sign off to brothers and sister Pakistanis after having spent six million killo calories on defaming our kind, you clearly prove what we know for centuries now; the "raam, raam...." thing.

Now judging from my interaction with Indians and my visits to your country (first time in 1984) and some business that my father have conducted with Indian business people, what I see your problem is that you were a closed economy till Jaswant Singh's reforms!,....
              Now that you have recently tasted Coke and Pepsi in stead of Limka and Thumbs up, you can ride a normal decent car, you feel you have this rapid boost of development. On the other hand we have had this openness forever , because we never pursued this closed economy model and that too is a two-way street. What you are blind to is that you quantum leap is just a mere catching up excersise.

It's a tough job keeping the union together. Kashmir, Assam, Punjab...and many more in the que to get out ! Why ? because ultimately there can be no democracy where there is no equitable sharing of resources.

What does Indian Punjab look like after contributing an above average GDP per capita to the economy. It has actually been cut to third of its size. Just ready to eject any moment.

The problem is that too keep fifteen potentially independant countries together you need a major threat from the outside. A real enemy and that is how your media propagates Pakistan. What a shame you are the largest country in S.A. and you have virtually problems with each and every one of your neighbours. Including the only other Hindu country in the world (Nepal).

Now the big question is that if their is peace with Pakistan, what will keep you together. Any comments!!!

Comment

Now the big question is that if their is peace with Pakistan, what will keep you together. Any comments!!!

I love your analysis, u know what, we are sooo scared our companies will vanish..Pakistan will take them over because u have Allah on your side and Kaffir India will break up.

P.S. A business delegation sponsored by Canadian government is soon leaving for India and they are not visiting your pure land because they don't see any opportunities or expertise except mangoes, which they can import cheaper from Mexico

[This message has been edited by Rani (edited July 01, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Rani:
                  I love your analysis, u know what, we are sooo scared our companies will vanish..Pakistan will take them over because u have Allah on your side and Kaffir India will break up.

P.S. A business delegation sponsored by Canadian government is soon leaving for India and they are not visiting your pure land because they don't see any opportunities or expertise except mangoes, which they can import cheaper from Mexico

Oh please have mercy we bad bad pakis are shaking in our shoes. http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Rani:
                    I love your analysis, u know what, we are sooo scared our 200 companies will vanish..Pakistan will take them over because u have Allah on your side and Kaffir India will break up.

Well do one thing just ask some CEO of a multi-national how is it doing business in Pakistan compared to India and he will tell you that they dont have to bang their heads against the brick wall of Indian beurocracy in here. I am not making loose coments here, its all backed by real life experience,...
                    Good for you all,....what you guyz are learning now,..we have done since 1956,......we had open economy,...which is still better than you all,...
                    and don't feel bad,...we are better than you even at this time,......Just go and sell human parts,..and you guyz will make money this way too,...which might help India to feed the biggest poorest population in the world,.,..Like 500 Plus Millions,...Happy for you all,...keep twisting the trhtuh and facts,......http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

Comment

Economis recession and boom are just two extremes of the economic cycle!!

Now during the far eastern crisis, S. Korea and Malaysia suddenly showed negative GDP growth !! did that make Indians feel superior to them??

I dont know if you went to college as yet or not. but get hold of some good books on economics e.g. Dornbusch and Fischer etc. and you will see that India is the trailing end in almost all indicators of non-african countries. Things like capital to labor ratios etc.

And this brings to the substanve to my first posting in some other forum here! That we Pakistanis have to break away from this India Fix. We have to catch up on Malaysia and Turkey. No offence to Indians, but that is how most Pakistanis feel.

As for other factors. These is more fundamentalism in India than Pakistan. Besides can anybody really believe n how right mind that Pakistan was behind that aircraft hijack? or who killed those sikhs in Kashmir during Clinton's visit. Fellows, reality is outside Bollywood movies. Your spokemans could never come up with proof that Pakistan had anything to do with this incidents, While he was shouting on CNN that it is a Pakistani Job.....In fact he was cornered so many times by the host that it almost became funny !!

Pakistan's economy is in the process of stability and will take at least 5-8 years to see the signs. As for Bill Clinton (Billa) , you and every other person knows that Pakistan despises Americans. They are the one respnosible for our predicament position now they are moving to india. I guess its India's turn now. Thank God we have had it with them and now we are moving towards a good future!

Comment

That we Pakistanis have to break away from this India Fix. We have to catch up on Malaysia and Turkey. No offence to Indians, but that is how most Pakistanis feel.
                        why dont u start with urself by getting rid of 'india fix'. here u start shouting even if someone says india is doing well or indian companies are in top 200. there was a friend of mine who will start quarreling if someone says that some person is good since he thought that it means that he is bad.

to catch up with malasia, u should at least settle border disputes with neighbors as malasia did with indonesia, a much larger neighbor. (also u should find a lot of oil in pak and become oil exporter!!??) and cathing with Turkey is beyond you.

Comment

Oh please have mercy we bad bad pakis are shaking in our shoes. http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

I am still shaking,.......Oh My God,.....whats gonna happen to Pakistan,...Canadian are going to India,......LOL,.....These people are amusing themselves in their dreams,....they had closed economy all along,..since the tasted COKE,..PEPSI and seen some foreign vcars,..now they think,...they are the one,....who are blessed,..coz,..Pakistan who had all these things,..since 1956,.....never took pride in this kind thing,....lol,..BUT Indians,.....are getting too excited now,.......Good for them,........http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

Comment

Originally posted by ZZ:
                            why dont u start with urself by getting rid of 'india fix'. here u start shouting even if someone says india is doing well or indian companies are in top 200. there was a friend of mine who will start quarreling if someone says that some person is good since he thought that it means that he is bad.

to catch up with malasia, u should at least settle border disputes with neighbors as malasia did with indonesia, a much larger neighbor. (also u should find a lot of oil in pak and become oil exporter!!??) and cathing with Turkey is beyond you.

Times of India,.....lol,.....Guyz,.....give me the link which is nuetral,....don't,...use times of india,......may be you are day dreaming,....facts with facts,....I'll be happy to see you guyz prosperous,......but have to verify through,....nuetral source,...By the way,...Reputation of india,..is not as great as you guyz think,.....Just keep dreaming,....very soon its gonna be a dawn,..and time to wake up,....Pakistan is the one to wake you all up,...don't worry ,...keep finger crossed,....

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by TARIQ786USA:
                              [b]

I am still shaking,.......Oh My God,.....whats gonna happen to Pakistan,...Canadian are going to India,......LOL,.....These people are amusing themselves in their dreams,....they had closed economy all along,..since the tasted COKE,..PEPSI and seen some foreign vcars,..now they think,...they are the one,....who are blessed,..coz,..Pakistan who had all these things,..since 1956,.....never took pride in this kind thing,....lol,..BUT Indians,.....are getting too excited now,.......Good for them,........http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

You must be shaking very badly, it shows in your fragmented sentences I think nobody taught u that, hard work generates wealth without making others poor. If u behave whole region will be rich otherwise u will be left behind.

Comment

Working...
                              X