Going Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going Back

I am planning on going back to karachi (Aga Khan University) this December as admissions start early in January of each year. I've contacted recent graduates to get a general sense what goes on there and how it differs from here(US).

Has anyone gone back to study? Any specific tips or suggestions? (ie: interviews, SAT's,etc).

For AKU.....Admissions are competitive....study hard. Thats all I know http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

Comment

AKU has different standards as well as different fees structures for foriegn students, but the admission process is less competitive. I know a number of people from AKU who either went as local or as forien students. If you have specific questions perhaps I can get answers for that.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

a question: do i need connections?

Comment

Connections definitely help. Although institutions like AKU, LUMS and IBA claim that they are strictly merit based. Its not quite the case although connections need to be major ones.

if other ppl use connections and their source is like on ahigher level than yours, you are SOL. So try the proper avenue and prepare for the exam.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

I have heard they have special seats for Agha Khanis in that university. Might help if you are one. Otherwise the competition is tough.

Comment

Originally posted by X_Communist:
              a question: do i need connections?
              Not necessary, i can say that Aga Khan institutes are still one of the example of merit recognizing institutes.

Some time luck counts too. For interview and stuff, i would say that just be yourself.

Btw, is it for medical? If it is then try applying at Hamdard as well coz i heard that they are good too http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

Comment

Working...
              X