MCSE or Sun Microsystems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCSE or Sun Microsystems

I am interested in taking one of the exams, or in other words in acquiring one of the many professional computer courses. But it doesnt seem clear which one I should do. Any suggestions?

Maybe the one which is easier to get a job in.

Originally posted by Ghoncho:
    I am interested in taking one of the exams, or in other words in acquiring one of the many professional computer courses. But it doesnt seem clear which one I should do. Any suggestions?

Maybe the one which is easier to get a job in.

hmmm..........SUN MICROSYSTEMS HAS MANEY EXMAS? WHICH ONE ARE YOU REFERING TO ?

Comment

I would go for SUN.... (cuz I already have MS certifications) http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

Seriously....

I think SUN certifications should be more in demand.... cuz me pakistanis and indians have seturated the MS market. Secondly Sun certifications are harder to do AND ppl get paid more too.

Comment

I've started my SCSA - done with Solaris 8 Sys Admin 1 exam... going for the second one in two weeks time or so.

I already have my Linux certifications from RH and LPI. I'd definitely go the Unix way - I'm not much of a Microsoft person.
        For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

BRO...If I was u....just leave the application lvl man....come to the core of this field....just jump in to the Datacomms,
          try doing a cert in Nortel or Cisco (if u choose Cisco....make sure u go up to CCNP level)..I am sure u will enjoy it more...rgds Dancing_Corpse

Comment

guys guys truce!
            I'm already working with pakistan's largest Data Comm provider... a partner of Hughes Network, and on the basis of my experiecne i would say that no matter what certification you have, the real thing what matters is your "brain power". Just a certification wont help you pursue a career. But Solaris has an edge over the other stuff.. and that is its "base" being on UNIX, and in the real networks.. UNIX is much more preffered over Microsoft.

Comment

Working...
            X