Learn2 Pack for a Business Trip!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learn2 Pack for a Business Trip!!

This is another really cool site. It gives you all these tips and tricks, like packing for a business trip!
    http://www.learn2.com/04/0491/0491.asp?fp=4

------------------
    "Tala'al Badru 'alainaa, Min Sunniyatil Wadaa'i*, Waja-bash-shukru 'alainaa, Ma da'a lillahe daa'e, Ayyuhal mab'uthu feenaa, Jai'ta bil amril mutaa'i."

(Trans.: "Today we have seen the full Moon appear before us, from the southern hill of Sunniyat Al-Wada*. It is incumbent upon us to offer thanks for the invitation towards Allah and enlightenment shown to us. O Prophet, who has been raised among and for us, you have brought to us such a creed that we shall follow.")

*This means Hill of Farewell
    22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

lol.. i sat at a hugo boss learn to pack for a business trip seminar.. the goodies were good though.. but it was boring.. i dunno how you'd justify.. rolling up a thousand dollar suit.. which they did into a suitcase.. but the tip was to turn the jacket inside out..

Comment

amber really??? what doesn't happen if you turn a suit inside out?
      22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Comment

they just said.. like if something spilt on your suit it would get on the inside lining rather than on the outside..

Comment

oh...i thought it would prevent the suit from getting wrinkled.

------------------
          "To Allah belongs the kingdom of the heavens and the earth. He creates
          what He wills. He bestows female (offspring) upon whom He wills, and
          bestows male (offspring) upon whom He wills. Or He bestows both males and
          females, and He renders barren who He wills. Verily, He is the All-Knower
          and is Able to do all things." (Ash-Shura 42:49-50)

Comment

A garment bag is travelin man's best friend! I am constantly on the road for business, as a matter of fact I do have a garment bag packed and ready to go at all times in the boot of my car.

All a guy needs is a suit, a sportcoat, a few crewnecks and maybe a turtleneck depending on the destination, and a few dress shirts (its OK if you forget a tie these days). remember to also pack a pair of khaki slacks. Must have atleast 2 pairs of shoes, socks, etc. and the standard toiletries!

All this should fit into a decent size garment bag.

Comment

Ahmar..it's really cool that you're always prepared for the unexpected business trip.

I know a few guys who work and sometimes need a dress shirt and tie.. or a jacket at the last minute..so they leave them in their car.

Comment

I've been packing my suit jackets inside out and rolled for ages.....it works great. Especially since we women always end up needing more than two suit jackets for a one week trip.

Another neat trick is to roll your blouses and silk garments in the middle of a folded towel.....this way you can keep them pressed and prevent major, unsightly creases. When you get to your destination, hang the garment immediately. On the day that you wish to wear it, hang it in the bathroom while you shower in the morning....the steam removes any remaining wrinkles.

Comment

Well, I think a lot of it depends on the client side you are visiting. Some clients require formal business dress, others don't. Mostly, these days companies have geared towards business casual attire which implies a khaki and colored shirt at the minimum.

The other important factor to remeber is if you have the time to check-in or just carry on. For a check-in, you can pack as much as you want, but for a carry-on, there is some limit. Personally, I prefer carry-on to avoid standing in the line. That means I can take two pieces of laggage with my in the plane. Since I'm carrying a laptop, that leaves the standard size carry-on bag which is reasonable enough for business casual packing but if you have to pack for a bit formal dressing then definitely a garment bag. Trying to fold and fit the sports jacket and/or suit in a carry-on isn't too good of an idea.

Comment

roman baitaa buy a good trifold garment bag, with soft bars that te jacket folds on which prevents creases.

all you need to do is hang the jacket in the bathroom at yer hotel when taking a shower and any light wrinkles that do exist get steamed out.

It also pays to carry a small travel size steamer to take care of any wrinkles.

another hint is to have the clothes covered with plastic, like when u get it from teh cleaners that decreases the friction between garments and the bag and reduces wrinkles as well.

for suitcases, to minimize wrinkling, first you can get shirt cubes from travel stores, as well as cubes for jackets and trousers which prevent wrinkles. One more thing to do is if the suitcase is not full (untrue in most desis cases) put a pillow on the top to have a sung fit in the suit case and to avoid things shifting around, and creasing.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

cool tips guys http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

Comment

Here is an insight contributed by someone knows much more than me about airlines, carry-ons, and lost luggages.

Some airlines will let you carry 2 carry-ons in addition to your laptop b/c you can put your laptop under the seat in front of you. I hate checking in luggage b/c it takes time to pick it up and they can lose it too!

Comment

lol

Comment

what about quick fixes for stains???

------------------
                            "To Allah belongs the kingdom of the heavens and the earth. He creates
                            what He wills. He bestows female (offspring) upon whom He wills, and
                            bestows male (offspring) upon whom He wills. Or He bestows both males and
                            females, and He renders barren who He wills. Verily, He is the All-Knower
                            and is Able to do all things." (Ash-Shura 42:49-50)

Comment

Working...
                            X