How many hours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many hours?

So how many hours do you work in a week and are you working flexible hours or set hours?
    Do you get paid over time?

I am in the office generally between 50 - 80 hours depending on how many deadlines I have due. Working as a consulting engineer, we have to remain billable and so not all the hours at work count as paid hours!.

Whats the general range of hours people work, especially engineers? and what benefits do people get normally?

i can ezily pass as slave labor i tell you.. ;-) .. atleast 10 hours a day and max i have been at work for dayz.. http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/frown.gif .. well fixed salary so no over time at ALL.. but the not so down side of all this is that we have foosball table at work.. ;-)

------------------
    Don't love everybody--specialize.. ;-)

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Yankee:
      .... but the not so down side of all this is that we have foosball table at work..[QUOTE]

I am currently doing doing about 60 hours per week. But the not so down side of all this is that I get an opportunity to logon to gupshup once or twice a day

Comment

Do you guys really work so many hours? I cant work that much. As soon as I am done with my forty hours in one week I just take the rest of the week off http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif It works out for me.

I wish I were on salary though. In my case I believe it'd help me a lot.

Comment

I am a part-time consultant, so I work 30 to 35 hours a week. But I don't have much spare time, as I'm doing my MBA as well.

Couldn't work for days in a row, though.

------------------
          Umer, the Pakistani Brain of Austria
          The Pakistani Brain of the Austria (formerly known as "The Pakistani Brain of UAE")

Comment

What university are you do your MBA at?

and how does it fit into your work schedule or is it the other way round?

Comment

Umer,

How is the part-time MBA? Would you reccomend it over a fulltime one. I am preparing to go back to get my MBA, and need to decide if I want to go fulltime rather than part-time. Thanks

Comment

I usually work 7-6 but that's just cos I love what I do.

Though I think our work ethics/codes are pretty laid back. I don't need to call in if I am getting late or if I am leaving an hour or two early. Its just understood that I will make up for the hours later.

Sometimes I have worked more than 50 and just get paid 40. At others I have worked 35 and get paid full time. So its give n take!

Important thing is that you get your work done!

BTW, How many different jobs did you all had at one time? And if you were in school, how many hours were y'all taking at along with those jobs?
                I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                - Robert McCloskey

Comment

I'm doing a 4-year-part-time MBA at a university here in Vienna (AUSTRIA), which I started in September 1998. I can only do that, because all the classes and exams are in the evenings during the week and/or on Saturdays. So I can have regular working days and then go to university after leaving the office.
                  It's very though, but I think I'd do it again, if I'd travel back to 1998. http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

------------------
                  Umer, the Pakistani Brain of Austria
                  The Pakistani Brain of the Austria (formerly known as "The Pakistani Brain of UAE")

Comment

Working...
                  X