Hightech Jobs through contacts???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hightech Jobs through contacts???

Well I have seen alot of my friends getting hooked up in companies like IBM, Sun etc for an internships / Co-OP just cuz they know so and so person. Some people consider them pushy or degrade them in some way but in my eyes those guys really made their future strong who cares they get a job through sources or whatsoever eventually you have to prove yourself and they actaully did once they got in!!

I worked so hard to get a Co-op/Internship and I succeeded in getting one last year.

This semester I'm not getting any calls or a date from the employer for the internship this summer,the market seems to be down now I really wished I had some contacts. I think its really useful to have one in this competetive world..

what do you guys say about having contacts or sources ?

------------------
    Yarooo mein bara pareshan ek larki jawaaan
    Hai woh barii shaitaan mujhay kar gayi hairaan
    Kaisay karoun inkaar wo jo karaing Izhaar

You want us to arrange for an internship for you or are you just asking the opinion on how we feel about "sifarish" in general? http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

Comment

lol lol bohot khrab hey aap!!!!

Originally posted by Pristine:
      You want us to arrange for an internship for you or are you just asking the opinion on how we feel about "sifarish" in general? http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif
      Prisinte bhai yeh munna bohot pareshan hey..I want BOTH.. opinions and internships

------------------
      Yarooo mein bara pareshan ek larki jawaaan
      Hai woh barii shaitaan mujhay kar gayi hairaan
      Kaisay karoun inkaar wo jo karaing Izhaar

Comment

sherry as far as contacts etc go I have a simple theory.. You can be Networking or Not-working. especially true for new grads etc.

As far as internships go, you missed some opportunities as many companies have pretty much decided on summer interns by now as its mid march already, but if I could be of any help let me know.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Working...
        X