what is a decent pay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is a decent pay?

How much do you think is decent for a person living alone in the US? I know it'll vary according to the region and everyone will have a different idea to what is a decent amount... but i still wanna know...

thanks

can i add that this won't be a perm position.. maybe a 1 - 2 yrs thing.. full time..

Comment

one more thing http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

whats the deal if a canadian citizen wants to work in the US. like what required? that H1B whatever visa?

thanks

Comment

Well, with a Bachelors - $35-40 K

Masters - $40 -75 K

Phd - $75 +

Again, depends on the field in which u r in.

50 + k is decent by normal standards.

If u r a non-US citizen, the company maust sponsor you for an H-1 work permit visa. This is valid for 3 yrs and can be extended for another 3 yrs.

During this time, if yr company likes yr performance, they can sponsor u for a green card. But they will have to justify why they should hire you instead of an American. Usually helps if u have a Masters or Phd.

Take care.

Comment

for canadian citizens, you need T1 visa, not H1. This visa is ganted under the NAFTA provision. A lot easier to obtain than your average H1 and less complicated..

Comment

Visit www.salary.com I hope you will find it very helpful. Let me know if you need more help.

-Always there to help you when you need it.

Comment

thanks ppl

Comment

Working...
              X