Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internships/Jobs for University Students???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internships/Jobs for University Students???

Hey salaamz

I'm tryin to find an internship/job for the summer. I've tried many sites and most of them want graduates for internship positions and/or lots of experience which a 2nd year IT student (thatz me) doesn't have. Anyone have some advice..or better yet an offer for poor lil Hinna?!?! *grin*

------------------
    "Allah (swt) does not look at your body and face; rather He looks at your heart" [at-Tirmidhi]
    22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

it depends where you are located Hinna?

Comment

Toronto
      22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Comment

Hinna

try wetfeet.com as a good starting place for some contacts as well as company info. try your professors..they would have tons of contacts, placement center of the uni, and family friends etc.

At this point you dont need to be very picky about what company etc as long as you are doing sonething where you are getting some hands on experience
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Thanx fraud..
          ya..I just want experience...nothin major

Comment

try an internet startup they are usually desparate for people and prettyopen to get interns as they cost less and are only there for a certain amount of time and thus can help with some crunch work
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

hmm I tried wetfeet.com....didn't find anything for a student in Toronto....the stuff on that site is mostly for us students.

Comment

post your resume on search engines anyways. one of my pals in US got a job in canada by using monster/careerbuilder/hotjobs combo.

Comment

Are you interested in system programming?? You interested in VHDL.... Have any background in Electronics, VLSI design?? If so try Texas Instruments, Motorola.............

Internship is for studying things no knowing is no problem.... but interested in knowing makes the difference...

Comment

mpai..I have no idea vhdl is

Comment

vhdl = very high definition language ?

Comment

I'm not sure

Comment

i think ur best bet is to just write to companies that take on students for placements.
                          thats the best way.
                          send ur cv and a covering letter to various companies
                          inshallah u should be successful
                          I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by

Comment

I've decided not to work this summer..at least not from may to mid june.I'm going to be taking 4 classes 3 of which are from may to june.

Thanx for the input though

Comment

Working...
                            X