Need a stock tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a stock tip

I have got some Yahoo stocks and as you might know, these have been going in only one direction in the last months. That direction is DOWN.

I'm now thinking about selling them, because I don't think they will see a considerable rise in the next time.

Using the money I get from that, I want to buy some really good stocks. Any suggestions?

------------------
    Umer, the Pakistani Brain of Austria
    The Pakistani Brain of the Austria (formerly known as "The Pakistani Brain of UAE")

pharmacuticals but they can be like tech so be careful...

Comment

Hi Umer,

Quite an inteteresting topic to raise.

I spend a fair bit of time looking at European Stocks but its always easy to look at past performance and guess at any future gains. But the Guess can easily be wrong.

Instead I am now looking at funds as it spreads your risk. Gives You a slightly lower return but you know you are in good hands.

What I would suggest if have a look for any good fund managers in your country and try and see what products they have to offer. I am assuming you are in Austria. So companies like Invesco, Fidelity and Schroders may be approcahable. They also provide a lot of their details on their websites.

Regarding sectors within Europe over the past three years my view is that small companies even though they are more risk prone do provide a better return. But lets not forget that telecomms are trading quite low how much lower can they go?

On the States the Feds have just dropped interest rates, so does this mean that they might just avoid a hard landing?

Japanese funds have been trading low for over a year with the Nikkei well down. Is this the right time to buy?

I am not sure of the answers and I dont think anyone can ponder into the future. But you need to identify sectors that will always be in demand and for whatever market volatility reasons are trading low at the moment.

Pharmaceuticals quite rightly is a growth area but do you take the risk of going into deveolping companies who will be the AstraZenecas of tomorrow or do you invest in the big pharam Companies now which in my view are trading at a premium at the moment.

No matter what people say, we are all developing with technology we all needs PC's phones chips etc so this has to be a growth area. But I belive that a lot of the present companies may not survive in 5 to 10 years time. This will probably be due to competition and mergers. Soit is important to choose the company in this area that has a product to sell and has a track record of new product development.

Above remember, I could be a fool, so dont trust anyone unless you are absolutely sure of it yourself

WaSalaam

AKhan http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

Comment

k2pk and AKhan: Thanx for your support.

AKhan: You know I have been thinking about funds as well, but I didn't know about good managers in that area. Thanx for telling me, I'll check out their websites.

Now somebody gave me a hint yesterday. He told me about a company, that's traded in Frankfurt and is called SolarWorld. At the moment they are trading at 60 Euro and is ranked as "strong buy" as analysts say, their potential value in a few months could be more than 160 Euro.

It's a company that deals with solar technology, which I think is a very interesting one, in times of high oil prices. What do you think?

------------------
        Umer, the Pakistani Brain of Austria
        The Pakistani Brain of the Austria (formerly known as "The Pakistani Brain of UAE")

Comment

I work for a stockbroker and the best and most reliable stock to buy is Arm holdings - this company makes chips and processors. I know tech stuff isn't so great at present but trust some people have made a few gains out of this. Amongst other favourites is Reuters, Baltimore Technology, Kingfisher. Also Orange are floating on the market in February. Very good choice.

Comment

Working...
          X