Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part-time Careers

Salam and Hello everyone!
    I'm sure most of you have had part-time jobs while you were at studying at your Univ. What's the best kind of part-time career I can choose? I'm to take either of the two fields shortly: Graphic design or BBA.
    Any suggestions? I mean I want my resume to look good when I'll be job hunting after my studies.

------------------
    Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing all my life!

Humsa

graphic design or BBA, rather far aprt from one another arent they, but I can kinda guess your interest.

I would say go with a creative marketing, ad agency or promotions mgmt sort of role.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Like Pir Jee said .. GP design and BBA are two different fields … I do not know where you are located .. Co-op is an excellent thing to do … it helps you to get some hands on experience and most importantly it will help you to launch a job when you complete your education.. the first thing that an Employee looks in a resume is your work history .. it does not have to be very relevant to your field … all they need to know at the entry level is that you have the ability to work … if you are in the US (and some big city in US) you can contact part time employment agencies … I used to work at Kinko’s when I was in school and it did give me a sense of responsibility, confidence to interact with customers and most importantly the ability to handle tough situations … and it did relate to my current job but on a higher level

------------------
      Hey one more thing
      These things are hard to explain
      For some it seems strange... to swallow
      The frontier of our minds
      Is the last place we find
      But maybe the first place we should go

Comment

Fraudz, you guessed my interest! http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif Advertising is something I would love to get involved in. It would be great working at an advertising company.
        Rooster, yeah, working on something not related to your subject is also a good idea.. since I've got so many interests! I'm thinking of more "creative" jobs like photography, advertising etc.

------------------
        Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing all my life!

Comment

Humsa

Creative design, new media etc etc would be a good area to get into. The big difference between the graphic arts route and BBA route to advertising lands u in diff positions. if you went in via a business degree you have to do customer profiling, research and work with Nielson and other systems to figure out what the best bang for your advertising buck is. You will be involved in some design directions but not hands on.

There are some people who have done a dual degree or have done a business degree and have taken grpahic design courses separately.

A good idea would be to talk to someone who is in the field or even talk to someone in a company you dont know and get hints that way.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Working...
          X