Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you help?

Hi folks...and Hi Fraudia,

You provided the website of APSENA. Its good, but its only for scientists and engineers, right? Do you know of any organization which is slightly broader in scope. I am looking for an org which also networks Pak accountants and financial ppl in USA. Are you aware of any?

Oh! Do you know any Pakistanis in San Francisco Bay Area, with whom I can communicate via email (I mean those who are a bit friendly type)? I have to move from Pakistan to San Jose in Dec 2000, and I haven't much of a clue abt that place, especially the schooling aspect for kids(muslim school, preferably). Will appreciate any help. Thanks!

Adios!

Assalaamualaikum Pristine,

I know a bit about Sanf Fran and San Jose. The area is nice, the weather is usually warm-hot, I believe you can find a Muslim school somewhere there..because there are quite a few desis in that area. When are you coming here? How long is your stay? Email me if you want to know more about the area and such. I'm not sure if there is a specific Paki group for your field...but perhaps the people I know might...
    Got Gup?

Comment

Thanks Bharysh!

I will email you separately. If anyone else has info or can help, I will appreciate ti as well.

Comment

Pristine

could you drop me an email. I have to see who I know in SF area and more than that who is willing to help...(some people just could not be bothered *sigh*)

I will try my best to get you in contact with someone who is willing and able to help.

Kami

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraudz:
          [B](some people just could not be bothered *sigh*)[B]
          very true.

Pristine- I will try and get back to you.
          Got Gup?

Comment

Pristine

(some people just could not be bothered *sigh*)

And thus they are individualistic? Are they self-centered? They don't wanna help others? Is that selfish personality? I'm confused, Fraudiyeh Bhai Jaan... Please, help me and explain it clearly... May be I'll learn something more about the difference b/w being individualistic and selfish....

------------------
            ***Sitaaron Pay Jo Daltay Hain Kamand!***
            Tu Tundi-e-Baad-e-Mukhaalif say na ghabra ay Uqaab
            Yeh tau chaltee hai tujhay OoNcha urRaanay kay liye

Comment

Originally posted by Shaheen:
              ... May be I'll learn something more about the difference b/w being individualistic and selfish....

shaheen please keep that in that thread, thanks. And for the difference pick up a dictionary and look the terms up.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Thanks Kami,

I have already sent you an email. I hope you can find someone who can provide some information and help.

Ciao!

Comment

Pristine

I found someone who is willing to help you with your questions and he is fairly involved in that area so will be a good person to know to meet people from community etc.

I have sent an email to both of you to make the connection.

Good Luck

Comment

Yes. I got your mail and have also sent a message to Tahir bhai separately.

Thanks for your help. Adios!

Comment

Hello Pristine,

I live right in San Jose and know this area very well. I have been living here since 1997 and familiar with all SF Bay Area (San Francisco, San Jose, Oakland, Santa Clara etc..)

I will be able to help you in School choices, Mosques, living costs and info about local organizaions etc....

Let me know what kind of info/help you need.
                      I will be in Pak in December Inshallah.

your brother in Islam,
                      -Wasim

[This message has been edited by Akelay Hum Akelay Tum (edited October 15, 2000).]

Comment

Wasim:

So glad to find you here. I have written you a separate email too.

Thanks!

Comment

Any marketing dudes or dudets out there ?? . there are hardly any desis in this line of work .. I am one .. just out of curiosity stand up if you are one .. let me know may be we put some organization like APSENA …your thoughts ???

------------------
                          Hey one more thing
                          These things are hard to explain
                          For some it seems strange... to swallow
                          The frontier of our minds
                          Is the last place we find
                          But maybe the first place we should go

Comment

Rooster http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif I am a marketing type of guy.
                            but probably would be better off for a business professionals group, so even if you are in finance etc you can be a part of it.

I wonder of there is a Pakistani association already in Pakistan of which we can form a North american chapter. Like enginners have Pakistan engineering council etc.

as long as we dont allow those HR people in, I am game

Comment

Rooster I am a marketing type of guy.
                              but probably would be better off for a business professionals group, so even if you are in finance etc you can be a part of it.

I wonder of there is a Pakistani association already in Pakistan of which we can form a North american chapter. Like enginners have Pakistan engineering council etc.

as long as we dont allow those HR people in, I am game
                              MAP is Marketing Association of Pakistan based in Karachi but its hard to get hold of them … they have few publications out … I was a member of AMA American Marketing Association, .. now I am a member of Direct Marketing Association (based in Chicago) I am a marketing analyst myself .. what kind of ‘marketing type of guy’ are you? … I graduated with a degree in marketing .. and I never came across a desi marketing association here in North America or any where (except for MAP) .. I am willing to organize and lay ground works for some kind of Marketing/Business (Finance and management included) so we desis can have some kind of association .. to promote, help and organize marketing efforts around the globe .. these kind of asocations helps a lot in terms of job placement, continuing education, etc. … feed back please…

------------------
                              Hey one more thing
                              These things are hard to explain
                              For some it seems strange... to swallow
                              The frontier of our minds
                              Is the last place we find
                              But maybe the first place we should go

Comment

Working...
                              X