Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What strengths do we bring to the table?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What strengths do we bring to the table?

Lets focus on the positive for a bit.
    what strengths do Pakistanis professionals and academicians offer that are..or can be strong selling points.

I think that as a nation we are very flexible and adaptable to different cultures and in general perform above average. what do u think?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

I really think that most of us are really HONEST! I mean compare to other people here I see in Toronto I think that our people with good education are very honest and i think our religion has that effect on us.

Another thing is that we Pakistanis are very smart too, but the problem is that we don't use our brain to invent new things but use it to screw up the things that are already invented. No wonder we are the Second Most Corrupted County in the world. (nigeria is the first one).

[This message has been edited by Bhola.]

Comment

I definitely think that we are very hard working. We have tremendous talent, especially in the computing industry and almost match up to the Indian tech Gurus.

Comment

Is anybody home -- feels like ghost town. I guess nobody feels like chatting on this topic. Any new topic suggestions ?

Comment

I apologize for being absent for the last few days, Had to go on a whirlwind tour of some other cities..but I am back.

Pakistan is corrupt only second to Nigeria cuz we briobed the ppl to make us #2, otherwise we were numero Uno

Pakistanis have excelled in any field that they have taken an interest in. It is indeed a shame that our society dictates that kids are forced into going towards med, engineering, business etc.

My dad tells me that there was a time that if
          one had business as his/her major people wotuld day that the individual did not have enough brins to get into med school or in engineering.

I also think that as a community we are not committed to support others and guide them. I
          was lucky that I had great mentors and role models, although most of them were in med or engineering backgrounds ( surprise!! ) ahha
          but I had to make an effort to learn from successful professionals in my field. I recieved more help from non pakistanis than I did from Pakistanis.

I think that as a nation, as a people we have tremendous potential, but it is the responsibility of each and every one of us to
          guide someone, so they dont have to re-invent the wheel and go against all odds to be successful.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

I totally agree with you that we dont commit ourselves to support our fellow Pakistanis, in the US and/or backhome. There is a sect in Pakistan, the Ismaili Khojas(I am not one), they have pretty good networks, the bad part is that they help out "their own" only. They could be a good example for Pakistan as a society - I dont mean to offend any khojas on this forum - I really admire the strutures that are setup within their communities.
            Just imagine, if the rest of the 85% of Pakistanis start the process of education, think of the possibilities. I have lots more....
            Later,
            Zman

Comment

more comments?

Comment

One of the things I can think right now is that we have unique perspective on different things since we have more diversified background. We have grown up in a different culture, and have learned and adopt to a different one. This gives us the ability to be more creative and more critically thoughtful.

Comment

Working...
                X