Engineering Recruiters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engineering Recruiters

I guess this is a question best suited for Ghalib and other civil engineers.

I need to know if there are any recruiters that specialize in engineering.

Looking to place a very senior level engineer (chief exec in Pakistan)specializing in water resources, waste water management etc, with significant experience with world bank projects, as well as development projects in Pakistan, saudi Arabia, Iran, Nigeria etc.

The person is looking for a advisory or part time consulting engagement.

Any ideas on what resources exist?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

He can start posting his resume at alotta places on the web.

Here are some nice places that might work for him (ghee.. no pun intended):

http://www.onsite-inc.com/employment.html

http://www.ajb.dni.us/

More later...

Comment

is he into environmental or pure civil or just management?

The problem with exec's is that in the US the trend (as I am sure you already have seen) is towards getting cheaper and younger people at the expense of the older.

email me directly (i dont come here very often ), I have a list of recruiters and websites that might be helpful. Also take a look at the local library, they usually have a huge book on recruiters ( i have a copy of the recruiters for civil and environmental engineering somewhere), and if you need it I could probably mail it out to you...

Hope that helps.

PS: Those places and those jobs.... Seems likely I might know this guy... whats his name?

Comment

oye hmcq:

kahan marr gaye theyy? hain?

Comment

hmcq, good to see you here bro. your absence was felt. You probably dont know this person he is much older than you.

He does not want full time work but just something to keep him occupied since he is planning to retire soon.

He is primarily a water resources engineer, and has been involved in projects ranging from water desalination plant in Saudi Arabia, to HUB dam in Pakistan and kacchi abadies etc. I guess he is involved more in feasibility and management side as well as policies area and less actual technical work for a number of years.

hmcq I tried emailing u but it bounced back. u sure u got the correct email address here?
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

When i meant I might now him, I meant in terms of my fmaily might know him....

The email should work. did you put the underscore between the gup and the q ?

anyways, try the following emails

[email protected]
            or
            [email protected]

Galib---

Sorry yaar..you know you are always free to email me. Sometimes in life certain things happen that make you relize other things.. Just been going thru such a point in life

Hows Bhabi ji? Abi koi ghar me shoor sharaba shuru huwa hai ya nahi ?

Comment

Hmcq :0 it would be great if your family knows him. The person in question is mah dad

Comment

will do hmcq!

Comment

areeee Pir sahib email keeta hai yah nahi!!!

As for your dad there are two other people I know who are looking to do soemthing similar to your dad... Maybe we should get all three together. Where and when in Nigeria/Pakistan did you dad work and when and where in the world bank did he work?

Ghalib
                  look forward to it.

Comment

hmcq

dad workd in Nigeria in late 60's. He worked in Lagos and an area called Abakaliki. Work was roads and stuff.

In Saudi he worked in the ministry of Water and Agriculture for 14 years and was involved in planning and overseeing most of the major water supply projects in saudi.

In Pakistan he had a world bank advisory role for kacchi abadies development, karach water supply and storm water drainage.

Other work he has done has been with Hub Dam and water supply projecs in Yemen recently. He was also managing some noise pulltion study in Karachi a few years back.

He went to NED for his undergrad and University of London for his masters.

I can definitely try to connect him with the other individuals that you mentioned. He will be coming to US for a visit in late may for a few months, so maybe we can have communication channels started.

I had suggested to him that he can probably open some sort of advisory company helping american engineering firms applying for projects in midle east or south asia because of his experience there. If he can get together with a few other people like him I hink it will be good work to keep them busy but not bogged down like fulltime assignments.

Will email you.

Ghalib mon ami it was great talking to you, next time come over for a weekend and not just a seminar...Sabri Nehari is on me.

Kami

Comment

HMCQ:

Are you still at the same number? I'll give you a buzz..

Fraudiye:

Sabri Nihari?? Dude.... itna sasta nahi choot sakttey...

Comment

Fraudia Sahib

Awaiting email.

Ghalib
                        Work same ol number
                        Home ... call the old number and get the new one.
                        Or just email me and I will give you a call.

Comment

haan bhai humain email address par tarkhaa doh aur ghalib ko phone number bhi doh.
                          hum to sauteley hain na...

oi didja get the email hmcq, i sent it a few days back. kabhi jawab bhi day diya karro.

Comment

pir sahib
                            yes i did get your email... App ne kiya muje phone number mangha tha???

I have been extremely busy with things so have not had time to do anything. will reply soon.

Comment

Working...
                            X