Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Position available

Hi all,

I will be leaving my current position with Citifinancial (Part of the Citigroup family) on April 28, and that means my position is up for grabs.

If anyone is interested, please email me at [email protected] for contact information. The position is in Baltimore, MD... and there is no relocation available. But seriously... if your willing to move... my boss is a GREAT guy... and the postion will teach you a lot about UNIX ( you just need to know a little bit to begin with) and application support in general. Also... having the name Citifinancial on your resume is a definite plus. It was the main reason I landed the job where I will be going now.
    "Question not the things that are done, but question the things to be done. For in the past no fault lies... yet for the future the fault is within us if we do not comprehend the failures of our own doing."

Wordsmart:

I know this dude whose boss is giving him problems with his H-1. Would your company/boss be willing to take a bit of hassle with the INS to get him a job? He's fairly new to US and he won;t quibble too much on the salary. Just wants to get his foot in the door for now. I know alotta companies avoid the H-1 hassle, but thought I still ask.

BTW, My hats off to you! Not a lotta folks I know are willing to extend opportunities to their own folks. Good-looking out!!

Good luck with your new job!

Comment

kewl another citigroup-er.
      Citicorp in general is a tough company to work for though. Of all the places I worked for it was my least favourite, but the name citi on your resume always helps.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Sorry ghalib, I spoke with my Manager, and they don't have the resources to accomodate H-1 applicants for this position. You might say the position is "entry level" and the company is just not willing to cough up the money to pay the legal fees. (They don't cough up much for anything except the norm corporate benefits).

I hope your friend finds an employer that will be willing to appreciate him for his true value. Pakistanis are know to be very hard working (once we get out of the typical stereotypes), and he is sure to find the position of his dreams.
        "Question not the things that are done, but question the things to be done. For in the past no fault lies... yet for the future the fault is within us if we do not comprehend the failures of our own doing."

Comment

Worssmart:

You're right...desi usually are more productive at work than their US counterparts. The only thing that gets us is the language and cultural barriers which shun away the credit due.

Anyways, thanks for asking your boss. I am sure this dude will find something sooner or later. But I guess I wanted to bring that "sooner" a little sooner.

Comment

Working...
          X