Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Degree

Hi! every one
    I would be really great if some one could guide me about this topic . I was doing a double degree
    computer science(hons)/Electronics
    I have completed the computer science one but now I am thinking of not continuing the studies as there are some many jobs already for the computer graduates .The electronics degree will take me 2 more years . Is it worth it . PLEASE advice I would be really realy gratefull .

I am not in comp sci/EE area so not sure but what you can do is see where you want to be professionally and what would get there.

It may be a possibility to start work now and gain experience while slowly plugging away at the EE degree part time. This way u will have experience and will be in the industry already by the time u finish up your EE.

anyone have more specific advise based on the industry?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

I think the sooner one starts gaining practical experience the better it is. I did my computer engineering which includes major courses from three curriculams (EE, comp E and com sci). Would you believe I'm in project management now ;-) I would recommend you to hold on to the idea of EE...find your self a job in com sci...see if you have the aptitude and decide whether you wanna do programming for living. If not then you can always continue your education part time or full time in the field of your choice.

ciao,
      BoSS

Comment

BOSS did you become a PIMP yet? heheh its kinda an inside joke among project managers. you can get certified through the Project Mgmt Institute (PMI) for some odd reason they dont give the designation certified project manager but project management professional (PMP)

I am going to sit for exams soon. Been planning to do it for a year now but never get around to actually doing it.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Thanx to both of you . You are Legends . Believe it or not I based this decision on your advice , I mean the decision of my life on the advice of two people I have never seen
          thanx

Comment

Ummm you can see my picture on wanted boards in all post offices.

Dewd, with advice.. listen to people but dont give up on your own research and finally what you feel is the right way to go.

I think all of us had to make some tough decisions at one time or another. The good thing in your case is that its not a mutually exclusive situation, you can do both..

you can go partime in one and fulltime in another and if you feel thats not the rigth combo u can do vice versa.

Another good idea would be to talk to some of your uni alumni who are in the industry. They are much more helpful than career development or placement officers.

And finally it really depends on what you eventually want to do and what combo of degrees and at what time would get you to your goals fastest. Keep in mind sometimes goals change as well once u are in the job market and run into something you like more.

Comment

Working...
            X