Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBT's

Anyone tried computer-based training?

Opinions? Effectiveness? Reviews of specific programs?

CBTs are part of some of the required credits we have to complete here at PwC. I have taken quite few of them and my impression is that they are mostly an overview of the subject matter.

Usually they are introductory level courses to give the candidate basic ideas on the subject.

My personal opinion is that they are not even half as much effective in learning the specifics of a subject compared to printed books available in the market. Later being a more detailed material with lots of examples etc.

Comment

Funny you ask that, one of our clients is a CBT company. I think that a lot of companies offering CBT just manage to put a booklet with excercises on the web. The good ones have more interactive features and support.

The CBT companies that offer cookie cutter approaches not only dont provide anything value added but are unable to differentiate themselves from competition.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

CBT's are good but only if coupled with some sort of book or guidance or for quick start.

I have one on my network at work but cannot remember what company is it by. It is a very decent package and is broken into begineer, intermediate and advanced sections

Comment

The best one I've liked so far is on http://Java.sun.com.

Comment

I worked for The cheapest company in the word, the BIG BLUE. That's the only option we have, take CBT courses. I am trying to learn Oracle and using Netg courses, for me with 10 years of computer Exp. it's not bad. It's boring and time consuming but what can I do.

Comment

Working...
            X