Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working in Pakistan...some advice!

Adaab!

How much can a person with a PhD from a top UK/US institution in one of the sciences expect to get salary-wise from the private academic institutes in Pakistan? eg LUMS/Agha Khan Medical Univ? And how much for working in a govt. organisation? What is the scope?

govt may not pay you much in Rs. but that is made up by giving you prestigious titles and offices.

the new wave schools (agha, lums, etc) pay good and soemtimes competitive to US salaries. It all depends which field you wana go for.

I would say govt will give about Rs. 20-40K per month and new wave schools may give anywhere from Rs.80K to 200K per month. The figures are estimates only.

I wonder what others have to add. Its an interesting concern.

Comment

be ready for amazing politics in these institutions. IBA got in trouble with one of its former buddies Wharton on faculty recruitment and tenure issues.

whats his face...the director of IBA is a tyrant from what I hear.

One of our new members, ALTOP is from IBA and was very involved there, he can probably get you an idea about academia.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Thanks Azkhar...I've been away from pakistan for a while now...is 200K a good salary there? How about 40K (all monthly)? What's IBA?

Comment

IBA is the Institute of Business Administration at Karachi University.
          It is fairly decent from what I have heard from its graduates. Lately though it seems that it is losing its touch.

Back in the 70's when it was first started it had affiliations with Wharton and Univ of Southern California. Those are no longer present.

Overall it is one of the best institutes in Pakistan in my view.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Speaking about international opportunities, does anyone here gotta list of firms which provide job placement services for positions abroad??

I know my colleague landed a job in Saudia Arabia by going through an agency. So is there a site with head hunters for positions abroad?

[This message has been edited by ghalib (edited March 24, 2000).]

Comment

for opportunities in middle east via placement services, try these links, the first one hosts quite a load of US based head hunters for overseas positions

www.angelfire.com/sd/vacancies/index.html

www.Lebanon.com/employment/

Comment

Working...
              X