What subject should I study?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What subject should I study?

What major should I take up before going into a Law school?

------------------
    Beauty Lies In The Eyes Of The BeerHolder

I have some lawyer pals and its funny that they had varied majors in college. I posed the question to one and he suggested that you may want to align your major with the type of law you will be going into e.g. in finance and accounting if you will eventually be going into corporate law...or in human resources if you are planning to go into labour law.

If that is not clear at this point, he suggested that you stick with a liberal arts degree and go maybe for org behaviour or psychology etc etc.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Thanks Mr.Moderator I now plan to get a degree in Business Administration before I become a L-A-W-Y-E-R. (I just hope i've enough stamina left by the time I'm eligible to join a law school!!!)

------------------

Comment

Hey Humsa...
        sunga hul day...yara...
        long time...

Well yeah ... studying bijinesh b4 Law skule ain't a bad idea. Again, like Fraudia said try to pick up subjects which would build a basis for whatever specialization u want when u get ur LLB.

I used to be a Student Advisor at Kaplan where I saw ppl coming in to write the LSAT. Their backgrounds were anywhere from Literature to Middle Eastern Studies to Mathematics or even Engineering.

Good luck at skule.

Khuday Pa Amaan
        For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Umar Talib i'm teek taak. Ta waya
          Hmm...well i'm going for BBA just in case I decide to drop the idea of Law School. Koi dhang ki degree to ho!!

------------------

Comment

HUmsa

another thing you can do is do a joint JD/MBA after your undergrad. If you want to get some technology classes in undergrad it would be good to go into electroninc commerce law, especially for international corporations. Its up n coming from what I hear.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Working...
            X