Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mathematical careers in pk???

Hi everyone

I was wondering if someone could help me on something. I am studying BSc Maths in UK and want to become an Actuary when I graduate in June. I have heard that there are some actuaries in Karachi but does anyone know what sort of work they do over there?

Just want to know if the work and studying is the same as it is here.

thanx

Hey lubna

A number of insurance companies in Pakistan use actuaries as well as pension funds for some of the larger companies.

Your best bet would be to contact some of the major insurance companess like adamjee insurance.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Thanks for your help, Fraudz.

How would I contact these insurance companies from the UK? Do you know if they have any websites?

Thanks again.

Comment

Lubna

I think the main page of TOPP may have some info of pakistani insurance companies. try it and if you cant find any info let me know I will get it for you.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Have a look
          http://www.statelife.com.pk/

They have their branches in London as well, so u can contact them here rather then contacting them in Pakistan for the information about your query.

Comment

Fraudz

Thanx once again for your advice - I have just been looking at the different work in pakistan, regarding insurance, investment and pensions. I applied to about 4 on-line so hopefully something might come out of them!

Najim

Thank you aswell for giving me that website address - I just emailed them and found out that they do actually have a few vacancies. So lets see what happens!!
            What do you do for a living?

Comment

Lubna,

Well leaving Microsoft (Thames Valley Park, Reading) in three weeks and moving to Amesterdam to work there.

Comment

Lubna,

Hello and welcome!

Glad to see that some of the folks here have been able to help you along your career path. I just wanted to ask you for a favour. If you happen to find that from this help you have been able to make a career change/move, could you please come back and share your success with us?

Being in volunteer positions we all like to feel that we have made a difference from our efforts.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
                X