X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will work for $1 per year!

Not me, but that is what Ford CEO said!

Ford Says CEO Will Work for $1 to Get Loans- Yahoo! Autos Article Page

Now that begs a question, we can all think that he has already made so much money that working for $1 will be not much a big deal. It would be a big deal to me if CEOs worked even for 1 year for $1 considering the size of the company.

How much money is "enough" to make you think "now I will take life easy, no more `working my a$$ off`" etc.?

There are millinoaires who want to be in billionaires list, there are billionaires who might be wanting to top the list, and people like us struggling to make ends meet. So what is "it" for you?
    saaray Pakistan ka ek hi naara: ehtasab ehtasab!

Re: I will work for $1 per year!

Talking about ford's Allam mulali (hope spelled it right) talked about only getting $1 dollar as his basic pay (right now he is getting paid millionssss) and believe me its not gona affect him alot cuz his major source of income is his shares in Ford, Volvo, and Mazda motors, and if he can get loan by impressing the congress ppl then obviously his share value is gona go up for sure (by positive speculation, more liquid cash, and better performance cuz of improvements) and he is gona make much more than his basic pay, he is an economist by profession, he thinks twice by making such statements.

and i think we can also call it a noble effort by him to cut expenses after being accused by congress and media for using private jets on company's expense
    KON DETA HAI OMAR BHAR KA SAHARA FARAZ
    LOG TU JANAZAY MAIN BHI KAANDHAY BADAL'TE REHTE HAIN

Comment

^ That is probably true that he will make more if stock value goes up, I don't know what his salary is and how many shares he owns in Ford.

EDIT: I just checked Alan Mulally is currently making $9million! Source: http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=F
      saaray Pakistan ka ek hi naara: ehtasab ehtasab!

Comment

Well he is board of director so he is supposed to have a large chunk to set an example for the investors, and he also owns alot of Volvo and mazda shares, volvo i think is a sister company to ford.

Comment

Does it matter to have 1$ or 1$ million pay? when you have 20 million shares + option to buy 20 million more at pre-specified price? One more twist from a 30 years industry veteran. Anyway, Ford share is at "buy"
          I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Comment

I think Allan mulali is the smartest of all three automaker CEOs. that day when GM's CEO was asked about his private jet he gave stupid answers "oh we are cutting our costs on other things" y not on this one lol.
            today Ford announced that they are selling all 5 private jets and Mulali is not even using commercial airline to go washington, he is driving for 9 hours lol

Comment

Originally posted by EcoShan View Post
              I think Allan mulali is the smartest of all three automaker CEOs. that day when GM's CEO was asked about his private jet he gave stupid answers "oh we are cutting our costs on other things" y not on this one lol.
              today Ford announced that they are selling all 5 private jets and Mulali is not even using commercial airline to go washington, he is driving for 9 hours lol
              Bro, i don't wanted to go in detail about stretch limousine...
              I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Comment

brand new stretch limousine ford lincoln = $62000
                private jet 36 million each :d and u can multiply it by 5 cuz they had 5.
                and each costed $25000 for a few hours trip.

better than nothing eh?

Comment

Working...
                X