teaching observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

teaching observations

those of us who happen to be teachers, please share what are fair teaching observation reports?

if it is about subjective opinions on teaching behaviors and its effectiveness, how do you defend your teaching ability?

Difference between God and humankind: God can say, 'be', and it becomes, but humankind has to act on what it says.

Re: teaching observations

Ideally, you wouldn’t have to “defend” your teaching ability… your students’ opinions and the respect they confer would be testimony enough.

In terms of teaching evaluation reports, I usually find that the University’s standard survey instruments are often deficient in gaining a well rounded perspective. What I’ve started doing over the last couple of years is to supplement the University’s evaluations with my own feedback survey which allows students to provide qualitative feedback. Additionally, I also conduct formative evaluations throughout my courses to get to know what students prefer / like / dislike about the course content and delivery. This not only allows me to improve the course in the next offering but also makes the students feel more respected and their opinions appreciated.

In addition to subject matter knowledge and effectual pedagogy, teaching is also about effective public relations.
    For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Re: teaching observations

As a teacher you should know that there is no one way to teach. A teacher should never have to defend why or how they teach certain things.

As a newly qualified teacher I am constantly changing, perfecting, evaluating my pedagogy.
      OMG Paki!

Comment

I agree teachers don't need to defend their teaching abilities unless they have no clue what they are doing. I have been observed by my professors and cooperating teachers throughout my practicum experience, normally after the observation, we discuss what were the high points, what "I" felt didn't go too well, what they think I need to add/change, and what I intend to do different for the next lesson.
        May Allah bring peace in Pakistan. Ameen
        Aray Logo Tumhara Kiya
        Main Jano Mera, Mera Khuda janay-

Comment

Working...
        X