Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

=How did you land your First Professional Job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

=How did you land your First Professional Job?

Was it at the University's Career fair?
    or
    Was it through Networking?
    or
    Was it from Classified/

Share, how you landed your first professional job...
    (Please the choorioon ka stall on Eid and the "Do-You-want- fries with that" doesn't count)
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Originally posted by Ask99 View Post
    Was it at the University's Career fair?
    or
    Was it through Networking?
    or
    Was it from Classified/

Share, how you landed your first professional job...
    (Please the choorioon ka stall on Eid and the "Do-You-want- fries with that" doesn't count)
    1) Did two internships and they both were offered from the school's career fair

2) one of the job offers i had, my resume got passed to hiring manager from someone who i just randomly met (right place, right time kindaa deal)and asked for my resume.

3) Job i am working at was a classified job and some other offered positions were classified too.

So in short, there is NO short cut or single approach to get a job, you have to explore through each and every way possible to apply for jobs. If you are just looking to find job through only a selected channel then you are basically kicking urself in the back...even in good job market.

Comment

Re: =How did you land your First Professional Job?

I got my first job through networking. second job, third job and now fourth one

Wow, I never got a job through classified or any other way, if I think of it. Guess I am good in networking
      People are afraid of what they don't understand

Comment

First job, newspaper ad
        Don't be hurtin' and hatin' cuz my phone is so cool!

Comment

I got my job from newspaper ad.
          Last edited by shining_star; Nov 27, 2008, 01:18 AM.
          Success starts with beginning...

Comment

First professional opportunity was a 16-month internship through the University Career Center... since then pretty much all subsequent jobs have been either through networking or through niche job boards online.
            For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

on line, on employment pages of educational organizations & universities.
              Difference between God and humankind: God can say, 'be', and it becomes, but humankind has to act on what it says.

Comment

My friend was in same company , so I was hired to develop a library management system
                I don't pretend to be a man of the people. But I do try to be a man for the people

Comment

My first professional job was actually by responding to a newspaper ad. That company was hiring multiple analysts and had many openings, so I think that helped as well. Typically, if a company has only one opening, they won't hire a "green" or no-experience person.

Comment

Newspaper ad.
                    Fools never disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by TLK View Post
                      I got my first job through networking. second job, third job and now fourth one

Wow, I never got a job through classified or any other way, if I think of it. Guess I am good in networking
                      OR maybe good at something else

What do you do may I ask ?

Comment

First job was an internship turned into a permanent post. Second was a consultancy project, that resulted in a full time post offer.
                        Third was through networking.
                        The Thread Killer!

Comment

Was part of PPP, got me a job at Steel Mill through them. Then switched to Nawaz and got a railway job.

Just kidding, never worked in Pakistan
                          Paisa Koi Cheez Nahi Hai - Jay-Z and JD

Comment

First job I got through a friend whose dad owned a CA firm. 2nd job was internship.
                            I'm like the whole library in Kemet with Annunaki genetics!

Comment

First professional job was through a "blind" application, ie I applied for a job at that company without referring to any job ad.

10 1/2 years on, I am still working for the same company, but in a different role and a different country.
                              The Pakistani Brain of the Austria (formerly known as "The Pakistani Brain of UAE")

Comment

Working...
                              X