Pakistan Labour Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan Labour Law

I am searching for Pakistan's labour law. If any body has it, Please post it here.

I have an Arab Country labour Law, which i am posting here.

A female worker shall be entitled to a maternity leave for the four weeks immediately preceding the expected date of delivery and the subsequent six weeks. The probable date of delivery shall be determined by the physician of the firm or pursuant to a medical report certified by a health authority. A woman may not work during the six weeks immediately following delivery. During the maternity leave, an employer shall pay the female worker half her wage if she has been in his service for one year or more, and a full wage if she has served for three years or more as of the date of commencement of such leave.

When a female worker returns to work following a maternity leave, she shall be entitled, in addition to the rest periods granted to all workers, to a rest period or periods not exceeding in aggregate one hour a day for nursing her infant.

An employer shall be responsible for the costs of medical test, treatment and delivery.
    An employer may not terminate the employment of a female worker or give her a warning of the same while on maternity leave.
    A female worker whose husband passes away shall be entitled to a fully paid leave for a minimum period of fifteen days as of the date of death.

1- A worker shall be entitled to other paid leaves as follows:
    A worker shall be entitled to three days of paid leave for marriage or in the case of the death of a spouse or one of his ascendants and descendants.
    One day of paid leave in the case of childbirth.
    Four days for the Lesser Bairam holiday starts from the day following to the 29th day of Ramadan Month.
    Four days for the Greater Bairam holiday starts from the 9th day of Dhu Al-Hijjah Month, and shall be increased to 10 days if the worker intends to perform Hajj only once during his service if he has not performed it before provided that the worker has completed 2 years of service with the employer.
    One day for the National Day
    An employer may, at his sole discretion, increase holidays leaves for more than above before or after the time fixed for them.

although, constitution of Pakistan covers most aspects, but still it is widely abused by institutions and industries.

anyway here it is

The Constitution of Pakistan contains a range of provisions with regards to labour rights found in Part II: Fundamental Rights and Principles of Policy.

Article 11 of the Constitution prohibits all forms of slavery, forced labour and child labour;

Article 17 provides for a fundamental right to exercise the freedom of association and the right to form unions;

Article 18 proscribes the right of its citizens to enter upon any lawful profession or occupation and to conduct any lawful trade or business;

Article 25 lays down the right to equality before the law and prohibition of discrimination on the grounds of sex alone;

Article 37(e) makes provision for securing just and humane conditions of work, ensuring that children and women are not employed in vocations unsuited to their age or sex, and for maternity benefits for women in employment.

DETAILED

Labour Laws Pakistan
    Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

Working...
    X