Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IS pakistani textile industry in crises?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IS pakistani textile industry in crises?

is time to think that textile is pakistans main industry which could attract lots of foreign exchangebut situation is totally opposite because someone told me 50% pakistani textile market is taken over by imports from china korea indonasia and india. If this is the case then what will happen to people employed in the industry
    WHY?

please share you views with us

the faislabadias will be affectef or sure.

go to faislabad and do a survey.

they can sam their mudges and run after fishes int eh water wearing their dhotis

Comment

Re: IS pakistani textile industry in crises?

Chinese and other asians are better at synthetic material, while Pakistan's main strength is its cotton. So no if we run the industries right then those countries woudnt be that huge of a problem. The real problem is lack of electricity, high cotton prices and the cut throats that try to get in to this industry to make a quick buck. These factors are killing the industry. Basically its the governments fault.

Comment

Better suited for business section.
        The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

Ofcourse it has not only been affected but actually ruined by this crises. Most of the textile industries have shut down already and those that are left are on the verge of it . Don't knw wats in store for all the businessmen of Pakistan.

Comment

I think the last seven years have been horrible for Pakistan's textile industry. Contracts that were lost due to security concerns have moved to cheaper producerrs and will likely never come back. It also doesnt help that Indians and Chinese have moved shop to cheap cheap cheap Bangladesh and Myanmar.

Comment

^ true.

Comment

Originally posted by haimeradil View Post
                the faislabadias will be affectef or sure.

go to faislabad and do a survey.

they can sam their mudges and run after fishes int eh water wearing their dhotis
                Is Faisalabad not part of Pakistan? Shame on you!

Pakistan has suffered a lot due to many issues one as pointed by HSK (security concern) the other is quota. For example Bengladesh has more quota in Canada because BD is considered "poor" country hence the "preference" or "bigger quota". Once BD produces more and more textile products their output will be more cost effective than lets say Pakistan, so Pakistani textile will continue to suffer more.

Comment

what about domestic market of pakistan

Comment

^^ Pakistani Business Men, cries more and point fingers on others rather than sitting on their desk and try to find out solutions to their problem. other thing is "BhaiR-Chaal" if one has done something and is successfull then the same i adopted by the other without going into detials...

Textile Industry has been suffering from last 2 decades ( as far as i know), we are still sitting on the cotton crops to get our textile runing, industrialists complains that govt. is increasing the utilitiy bills but very few are doing anything to over come all these factors....

As far as my knowledge is, instead of having multiple shifts, the industrialist tends to make another floor, which works fine in short run but have huge capital cost in long run, hence, result in high costs ( this is just one example)

The Business need to think out of the box, not every business will last till dooms day, they need to hire qualified people, and need to start investing in other sectors/countries ( instead of eating up all the profits)..

but this is and will not be taken well by any one, they will continue blamming govt. but will not take a single step to fix it...

If the electricity cost is high, Make a consortium, get a power plant from japan, which runs on garbage or there are plenty others ways and plants to generate cheap electricity...sell it to the industries, and if there is any surplus sell it to the govt....
                    For Religion, we'll fight, kill & die but will never follow it, where's the fun in that!

Comment

thanks hanibal

Comment

^ I know atleast two textile mills generating their own electricity. They have to purchase electricity from wapda at Rs.3 per unit and sell it to wapda at Rs.11 per unit. Their textile units are in heavy losses but electricity generation makes some money

Comment

Originally posted by kakaballi View Post
                          ^ I know atleast two textile mills generating their own electricity. They have to purchase electricity from wapda at Rs.3 per unit and sell it to wapda at Rs.11 per unit. Their textile units are in heavy losses but electricity generation makes some money
                          waow this is good business how come wapda sells at RS 3 and buy back at Rs.11 please explain

Comment

^ because Wapda has to have extra capacity and they buy from private producers like them. These industries generate more electricity than they need and sell it to wapda. Height of mismanagement by wapda and electricity suppliers. Interestingly, wapda forces them to buy electricity from it for some reason as well!

In addition, there are rules that impose a excise tax on industrial units which generate electricity and use themselves! Industries get around that using this arrangement.

Comment

i dont think its energy crisis or WTO i think it is because of the huge subsidies given to this sector because of its hegemonic power on pakistans government. If subsidies would not have been given and they had to work hard to make their mark today textile would be healthy. As is said the more drug you use the more you need .. its the same with textile that today it needs more power and duty subsidies ... leading to a falling amount exported and as government isnt getting any revenue out of the sector in the form of taxes or duties .. pakistan does not have money to finance its power projects for these industries .. so its a vicious cycle started by the innitial pampering of our seths
                              my site http://www.cyberdera.com .. do give it a try ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X