Masters Degree In Pakistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masters Degree In Pakistan

Has anyone came to the UK on a student visa and pursing further education while having a master degree in any field?

Can someone who has a Pakistani Masters degree go on in the UK to do a PHD or further? I know they require a english elts qualification and financial backing, but what is the eligibility for people with non-european degrees?

Thanks.

Re: Masters Degree In Pakistan

Most of the people I know from Pakistan have had to go through either a one year or a two year Masters program before being accepted into a Ph.D. program.

In some cases, the time that you spend in your masters can help reduce the overall residency requirement for a Ph.D.
    For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

LC I have been through this process, good unis take Pakistani masters into UK 1 Year Masters rogam and then PhD. I done MSc from Pak and then another MSc from here.

Problem is not in Masters from Pakistan but Bachelors - thats mostly 2 years if its not professional degree. while in UK BA/BS is min 3 or more years. so consider Pak MA/MSc equal to BA/BSc.

Exceptions can be made if one has good research epxerience after MSc in Pak, as some student here with BS go straight into PhD if they have expereince in research.
      پاکستان پاکستان

Comment

Most UK uni;s are looking for a first class or upper second class degrees to get into a PHD program, so would that mean doing Masters only for 1 year?

was IELTS a requirement? Also, what was the cost?
        Last edited by azimscot; Nov 24, 2008, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Didnt get your question. IELTS 6.0 for average unis, higher for good ones.
          cost is around 10000 per year full time study for degree, Masters, or a PhD, some MBA has more fee than this. thats for international students. part time will be less but international students are not allowed to go part time.

you can try applying direct to PhD, if they accept go for it, as now this process is quite regulated they may ask to get evalution of your MA/Msc from UK evaluation that straight give equalant to BA/BSc. so most Pakistan students need to do Masters. 50% is passing marks for masters, anything less is fail. 60% is merit, and 70% is a distniction.
          پاکستان پاکستان

Comment

Working...
          X