X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pareezay
    replied
    Re: Tuition Reimbursement Programs

I was an intern at Marriott for about a year in univ and even though I was on a scholarship (not full), their tuition reimbursement program offered to pay for two classes that were not covered which my parents were paying for. Also, alot of school have some sort of partnership with Marriott International so when you do your FAFSA, those schools give you a grant which covers 10 percent of your yearly tuition.
    Later too, when I worked with them full time, I found out they also pay for grad school.. to employees who have been with the company for over a year. Besides that, they have a scholarship program for associates and/or their kids going to college. You have to fill out a form and write some essay or something like that. Alot of young kids working where I worked applied and got it.

Also, I worked for TDBanknorth and they provide tuition reimbursement after 6 months of your start date. If you leave the company before your semester ends, you have to pay them 50 percent back. Similarly, if you get anything lower than a C, you have to pay back the entire amount.
    They pay for upto 2 classes as well and here in CT, they have some collaboration with New England College of Finance where you can take free courses.

Leave a comment:

• Ask99
    replied

It is also dependent on the field you are in..thats what I have heard..like being in Finance or Accounting field's, a company may offer those programs a lot more then for some one who did a Degree in Fine Arts.

Leave a comment:

• Stork
    replied
    X2 - I agree, there is no cookie cutter Tuition Reimbursement/Remission Program out there. I wanted to get specific details from folks on this board see what their experience has been.

As for your friend, God works in mysterious ways. I am sure he was happy to be laid off

Leave a comment:

• X2
    replied

I think mos major companies have some sort of tuition reimbursement program in place.
    there are limits and diff tiers, e.g. the same cpompany will have diff allowable levels for general education vs executive MBA program.

in most cases u have to stay at the company for a certain number of years before you dont owe thenm anything, mostly heard 2-3 years post degree.

puts ppl in dilemma though, dude i know went to bschool, company paid tuition and all, he did part time mba, finished and had he left then he would have owed them $30K or so, but 6 months later he was laid off, on one hand he los a jb and had to find something on the other hand, he did not owe them jack anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Stork
    replied
    Some companies that do offer these programs -

Chicago Mercantile Exchange Holdings Inc., Cerner Corp., University of Miami, American Fidelity Assurance Co., General Mills Inc., Hilton Hotels Corp., Philip Morris USA Inc., Principal Financial Group Inc., Publix Super Markets Inc., Ernst & Young, Deloitte etc.

Link to a relevant Article:
    http://education.yahoo.net/degrees/a...ny_dollar.html

Leave a comment:

• Stork
    started a topic Tuition Reimbursement Programs

Tuition Reimbursement Programs

A spinoff from Mirch’s thread; I’d like to get information about companies that have a Tuition Reimbursement program. Specifically if people can offer details on how much is annually covered, what are the exceptions etc. etc.
    Last edited by Stork; Nov 21, 2008, 12:10 PM.
Working...
X