Stock Bargains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Bargains

While I worry about getting laid off, people are saying there is a once in a life time opportunity to making money in stocks. So I was wondering if the gupshup lot feel the same and if so what are some of the bargains out there?

Maybe spend my severance on buying GM's stocks?
    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    - Robert McCloskey

Re: Stock Bargains

buddy there is a very basic grade 11 economics class rule that u may also know "dont put all you eggs in one basket" so GM alone is not a good option, and any trade with GM shouldnt be longer than half an hour just to be on the safe side.

Dont invest in any retailer thinking of black friday and xmas season, m not saying its not good, but its extra busy, ppl were buying circuit city and best buy thinking they would go up in xmas season, and now circuit city is bankrupt and best buy is howering around 20s.

All the Gold stocks are a good bargain right now and u can prolly hold em for a long term aswell.

citi group is only $3.18 lol, even cheaper than home depot, crazy deal eh, but just for short term, enter at the right time and trade should not be longer than half an hour. Remember, enter at the right time.

Avoid tech stocks as there is no clear analysis right now
    Last edited by EcoShan; Nov 21, 2008, 02:31 PM.
    KON DETA HAI OMAR BHAR KA SAHARA FARAZ
    LOG TU JANAZAY MAIN BHI KAANDHAY BADAL'TE REHTE HAIN

Comment

from a long term perspective CPG is a good place to be.
      major cmpanies like P&G, unilever, are low right now.
      but there is only so low they can go, ppl got to eat.
      the things workign against them are the growth in private brands and costs
      what is workign for them is that more people are eating at home now.

church and dwight was a good thign to get into because it has in general done well compared to the market. getting in at the right time was key.

aj, and we all..or most of us worry about job security etc just like you do
      Your friendly neighbourhood fraudiya loafer luccha lufanga awara ayaash aubaash ghunda badmaash man

Comment

I think 'tech bargains' are Palm, Amazon, S (v risky), NT, EBAY, MSFT, you can add INTC, AMD, ALU too.

But as Eco said, don't put everything in one basket, I learned this lesson sometime back and this week I tested it by putting in more than one basket and it really saved me
        Last edited by ehtasab; Nov 21, 2008, 03:07 PM. Reason: typo
        saaray Pakistan ka ek hi naara: ehtasab ehtasab!

Comment

Lol if u bought Gm, citigroup and Gold stocks, by now u would be making alot of money specially in Gold
          KON DETA HAI OMAR BHAR KA SAHARA FARAZ
          LOG TU JANAZAY MAIN BHI KAANDHAY BADAL'TE REHTE HAIN

Comment

Working...
          X