Just got laid off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got laid off...

I just dont believe it! What is wrong with the world??!!

Ive been a great employee, done my job - above and beyond - and here I am jobless!!!

This past Friday, over 40 employees were let go from my company because they simply cannot afford to keep us anymore. Each department has been shaved down to one dept head and two employees. Can you believe it??????

Im not married nor have kids so it would be alright for me but what abt people who DO have mortgages, family, children, medical expenses, car payments? Imagine what they are going through? I was crying when I left my office but it wasnt for me, it was for all those who had to go home and worry abt what they would do to put food on the table.

I know one girl had a daughter and her husband has a tumor in his brain right now. What a time go?! I know another guy who is a single parent. One girl who is going through a divorce and has a baby. Another guy who just got married and brought a house.

Its just so sad...
    Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Re: Just got laid off...

It's a big bad world out there PS. I'm sure you'll find a better job. This is how the economy is these days. Best of luck!
    Don't be hurtin' and hatin' cuz my phone is so cool!

Comment

Ina Lilahi wa ina ilaihi rajioon

Dont get sad PS, its all part of life, test or misery has to come one way or other. U r still young Masha Allah and have long way to go. Allah is Raazik and he gota feed everyone, its a responsibility He has already taken, ppl just have to strive for it, thats it, so please dont worry about em and get sad.

and as its in biz and economy section so coming to the other side, thats y m not in favour of a fully capitalistic state, and Alhumdulilah i feel so relieved when i think that i m living in a welfare state, in welfare state neither the mom has to get worried about her baby, nor for her husband with tumour, governemtn is there to provide baby with necessities and give free med to hubby.

and again, u will find alot of opportunities in life, dont get all sady mady, just pray to Allah insha Allah everything will be fine
      KON DETA HAI OMAR BHAR KA SAHARA FARAZ
      LOG TU JANAZAY MAIN BHI KAANDHAY BADAL'TE REHTE HAIN

Comment

ouch sorry to hear that. It is really tough to go thru a lay off. I hope they are able to apply out and find something to keep them going. My husband went thru a lay-off early this year, but alhumdulillah he found a much better job that he really loves.

Comment

Chicago is really tough right now from what I hear at least. Im seeing people only finding jobs through referrals and word of mouth these days.

Comment

This past week, reports were filtering through in the news, approx 74,000 people have lost their jobs, the coming months and perhaps all of 2009 is looking bleak.
            ...baat jisame, pyaar to hai, zehar bhi hai.

Comment

recession is finally hitting home my brother who works for citigroup feels his job is in limbo too, he's been there 10 yrs...i feel for you PSquared hope it works out for the best, somehow.

Comment

Yup its getting pretty bad in USA and Europe, i hope they rescue automakers otherwise its gona be very bad for canada aswell
                KON DETA HAI OMAR BHAR KA SAHARA FARAZ
                LOG TU JANAZAY MAIN BHI KAANDHAY BADAL'TE REHTE HAIN

Comment

Im hanging in there...job market sucks (predictably) right now. Im working on my resume and updating it now.

Hopefully, something will turn up. Inshallah.

Comment

Thats sooooo true....... not to worry, hopefully by mid of the next year it is supposed to be stabilizing.... this is the latest update we got... http: // www. cnbc . com / id / 27767827

thankfully, our company is not laying off, but there is lots of cost cutting happening, no travels, no hikes,...that is ok, if we have our jobs, thats fine i guess....
                    Insha-Allah everything will be alright...

Comment

It is very unfortunate and sadly I think the worse is yet to come. May Allah protect us all.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan View Post
                        It is very unfortunate and sadly I think the worse is yet to come. May Allah protect us all.
                        We sort of are in the middle of the worst and this situation is going to continue for the next 18 more months at minimum. Its a good time to invest in stock market if you have cash. Companies that have strong basics and are likely to gain value once the markets turn i.e. Coca Cola, Apple etc.

PSquared, sorry to hear about your job loss. I'm sure something good will come along, have faith.
                        I've left GS. StraightUp:I joined GS reading ur posts! Leefa:U always cracked me up! KB:Admire ur temperament! K337:Best pingoo! adeeba & MM:Wished me Bday.Thnkx: Aisha. Balqis. CE. Dildarni. DaringV. FrozenDoll. glamorous. THNKX GS 4 DA BAN.FUHeera!

Comment

SADLY............ its the multiplier effect GLOBALLY.

Back here in Pakistan..only yesterday, the CVs in circulation in Karachi only, came close to 5000 (of the laid-off ones) which is the telling effect of the World Economic Crunch---taking its toll.

Its so frieghtening---to see the fresh grads as well as some experienced hands----ready to accept the job of TELLERS and ACCOUNTANTS.

Hardest hit are the people from CONSUMERS--who made 'hey' while the sun shinned---in Banks here!!

ALLAH sub per reham farmaiye.....INSHA'ALLAH ye bura waqt bhi jald guzar jai-ga.

Himmat na haarein....
                          Jeevay Jeevay PAKISTAN

Comment

Psquared (u always remind me of Dsquared2 ) sorry to hear about yr job
                            Picking a fight on an internet forum is like running in the Special Olympics , win or lose , U're still retarded ....
                            Doing nothing is very hard to do.... You never know when you're finished...
                            .......Come & visit me sometime..........

Comment

Can anyone share some duaas or aayats to read at this time. Jobloss affects a lot of ppl severly, does anyone know of any aayats from the QUran and SUnnah that will help ppl get some peace in this tough time...

Comment

Working...
                              X