Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

army doctor's job prospects

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    army doctor's job prospects

    i wnat to know whether it is true that if u are in the pakistan army medical corps, it is more difficult to get a job in Uk/america???
    and if so why.........becasue i'd actually think these would be better skilled doctors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ***Character contributes to beauty. It fortifies a woman as her youth fades***

    #2
    Re: army doctor's job prospects

    Originally posted by haseen aatish
    i wnat to know whether it is true that if u are in the pakistan army medical corps, it is more difficult to get a job in Uk/america???
    and if so why.........becasue i'd actually think these would be better skilled doctors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why would they be better skilled?
    ...and those who joyfully leave everything in Allah's hands, will eventually find Allah's hand in everything
    Worries end, where faith begins........!

    Comment


      #3
      Re: army doctor's job prospects

      Army doctors are known as mechanics..and butchers..So, dont compare professional and uniform doctors..please.

      Allah Hu

      Baba-Geee

      your attitude determines your altitude, how far will you go in your life. --
      Ajanbi4ever--
      A very intelligent guy knows when he needs to be stupid.
      -- David de Oliveira Costa --

      Comment


        #4
        Re: army doctor's job prospects

        Okay people i didn't mean it 2 insult other doctors but ehy are they butchers??????

        i honestly want 2 know the difference and why there job prospects would b hampered abroad?
        ***Character contributes to beauty. It fortifies a woman as her youth fades***

        Comment


          #5
          Re: army doctor's job prospects

          Originally posted by BaBa-Geee
          Army doctors are known as mechanics..and butchers..So, dont compare professional and uniform doctors..please.

          Allah Hu

          Baba-Geee
          ub aisee bhi koi baat nhee k uniform docs r all butchers,its just k competent and incompetent ppl r always in every profession and its nothing to do with the uniform ,but its true those who r butchers r to such a loooooow extent that its shamefull to cal them docs
          those who give everything in ALLAHs hand will eventually see ALLAHs hand in everythin............

          worries end where faith begins!!!!

          Comment


            #6
            Re: army doctor's job prospects

            Originally posted by haseen aatish
            i wnat to know whether it is true that if u are in the pakistan army medical corps, it is more difficult to get a job in Uk/america???
            and if so why.........becasue i'd actually think these would be better skilled doctors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Army/Navy/PAF doctors are quite well trained and meet the same standards for qualification as any other doctor. In fact they gain much more experience through greater and more versatile exposure to a more versatile population of patients.
            A military doctor's life in Pakistan is quite rewarding. it may also be considered tough due to the regular transfers etc. The forces also send their docs abroad for specializations. an imp point is that the service of a military doc is contract based i.e. upon passing out from the Army Medical college a doc is signed up for a min of 10 yrs after which he/she has an option to leave. those with bright records and promotion prospects cling on and could reach as high as two star ranks i.e. Major General which is the highest rank for a medical officer. Pakistan's only 2 female Maj Gens are from the Army Medical Corps, Maj Gen Shahida Malik and the recently promoted Maj Gen Shahida Badshah.
            I dont think there would be any bias against an ex military doctor for employment in the UK/US etc. If anything, military service would only guarantee quality and discipline, a plus point for any profession.
            Military trained engineers, doctors are considered valuable.
            Besides, in the medical profession its the alphabets that count more and not previous employers.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: army doctor's job prospects

              ^^^ thanx finally some positive feedbak!!!
              i've been told that the army is being pretty strict now as they are aware that most doctors tend 2 disappear abroad and so it won't b easy for ne1 2 leave thr post...
              ***Character contributes to beauty. It fortifies a woman as her youth fades***

              Comment


                #8
                Re: army doctor's job prospects

                and what abt being inducted in army???i mean i heard that if u wanna g et inducted in army as a doc u can do specialization only in derma or gynae or in otherwords they induct only gynaecologists or dermatologists as far as female docs r concerned???is that true???
                those who give everything in ALLAHs hand will eventually see ALLAHs hand in everythin............

                worries end where faith begins!!!!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: army doctor's job prospects

                  I wouldn't think that's true rapunzle,
                  lady medical officers do serve in other specializations as well and many serve as GPs. A large no are psychiatrists too.

                  here's an excerpt from an article on Maj Gen Dr Shahida Malik;

                  She had wanted to specialize in her field, which was radiology, but decided that her first and foremost duty was to her family and her home. So she took on a job that was less demanding, as a general duty medical officer
                  http://www.ilaam.net/Intl/MarchingToTheTop.html

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: army doctor's job prospects

                    Originally posted by Haris Zuberi
                    I wouldn't think that's true rapunzle,
                    lady medical officers do serve in other specializations as well and many serve as GPs. A large no are psychiatrists too.

                    here's an excerpt from an article on Maj Gen Dr Shahida Malik;

                    She had wanted to specialize in her field, which was radiology, but decided that her first and foremost duty was to her family and her home. So she took on a job that was less demanding, as a general duty medical officer
                    http://www.ilaam.net/Intl/MarchingToTheTop.html
                    oho i am not saying k jo already AMC se mbbs kerti hein i m talking abt those wwho r inducted in army after graduating form sumother medical college
                    those who give everything in ALLAHs hand will eventually see ALLAHs hand in everythin............

                    worries end where faith begins!!!!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: army doctor's job prospects

                      Well, post grad recruitment in the medical corps is done very rarely now, and when it's done they do reserve the right to select whoever they need according to their requirements as per the prevailing shortage or excess.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: army doctor's job prospects

                        Originally posted by Haris Zuberi
                        Well, post grad recruitment in the medical corps is done very rarely now, and when it's done they do reserve the right to select whoever they need according to their requirements as per the prevailing shortage or excess.
                        yup yup this was what i was saying
                        thnx
                        those who give everything in ALLAHs hand will eventually see ALLAHs hand in everythin............

                        worries end where faith begins!!!!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X