US degree and Jobs in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US degree and Jobs in Canada

I have heard from many people that its hard to find a job in Canada with a foreign degree.
    I have a MS in engineering(Chemical) from US and have been working here for 2 years...Can anyone guide me that what are my chances to find a job in Canada.
    I will appericiate your help.

Re: US degree and Jobs in Canada

I am on OPT that is expiring

Comment

From what I heard, chances are not high as they need Canadian degree and recommendation. But you can try anyway!
      Good luck.
      Sometimes you are the bug.
      Sometimes you are the windshield.

Comment

The only problem that I can think of is the lack of experience... I don't foresee any significant hurdles if you have 5+ years of experience, but anything less than that is iffy. For more info on equivalance of educational qualifications, try out this site:
        http://www.ccpe.ca/e/index.cfm
        For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Umer thanks for the reply, does a degree from US school also needs equivalance of educational qualifications?

Comment

^ as far as I know - yes... esp. if you're considering the P.Eng. designation.
            For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

I know a number of peopel who were educated in US are working in Canada now, architects, MBAs, software developers. I dont think its that big of a deal.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

more thoughts guys????

Comment

i work for a chemical company..most pple in the lab have foreign degrees..im in mississauga by the way...some of the did their masters here in canada, but some didnt....i think its more for experience than degrees...
                  "Seek Allah's help with patient perseverance and prayer. It is indeed hard except for those who are humble." (2:45)

Comment

if u have an engineering degree from a recognized university in the states, u won't have to re-do any schooling or anything like that... all you'll have to do is write some sort of exam depending on which province you wanto practice as an engineer in...other than that there should be no problem

Comment

Thanks for our replies.
                      Is anyone here who is a Chemical Engg. or have any other Engg. background so that I can talk to them?

Comment

Working...
                      X