help me make a decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help me make a decision

'm in a bit cofussed state, 'm workin with a company which is givin me solid 'n study income. but i dream lays in some other field. though the present job is a good one with some future prospectives.
    i want to go 'n acheivie my dreams. the cofussion is tha shud i leave the job in hand and try for my dreams. 'coz it is not an easy one to get established. i ll loose the study income as well.

...i wonder if u can help me with some advice....
    10% of your life is what happens to you...
    ...90% of life is how you react to it !

Re: help me make a decision

You may get better and sound advice in the Career and Academics section.
    My opinion - If you have financial backup and feel strongly about your career change go for it, otherwise play it safe by sticking with your present job until you find what you're looking for.
    A samurai bares no sign of weakness, even when dying of hunger.

Comment

thanx cat-woman,
      not much financial probs,
      but once i loose this job then i dont know wat time it ll take to get another one.
      if i have to struggle a bit, its better if it is now, rather than later, right?
      if i ask my parents they ll say do wat ever u like, we are with u
      so i donno wat they want also....
      this was a dream from my childhood, i did my studies also focussing that
      n wat do u say cat-woman??

Comment

why dont u start persuing ur dream job.....while keeping ur current job in hand...
        dont be hasty, first doosri kashti mein paoon jama lo, phir pehli kashti se pichhla per nikalna
        keeping applying for the job of ur dreams and when u get a suitable job, leave this one

quite simple....RIZQ KO LAAT MARO GAY, TO RIZQ TUMKO LAAT MAAREGA.....

Comment

arfaz, what are the two professions? we might be able to offer better advice if you let us know what profession/field you are in right now and what field has been your passion that you now want to switch to?

Comment

'm a graduate in mass communication& video production, did film makin cousrse. have some experience workin in productions as assistant director.
            i devieted from my dreams when i took up the job at a call centre, now i am getting money, but i heart is not with this job.
            now, i have come to mumbai, the dream city, but as a call centre exicutuive for a UK company.
            now i hope u ll be able to advice

Comment

hmm, yes, well the call centre employment may be bringing in good dough right now but the question is, as a career how much do you think there'd be an opportunity to grow?
              in the media productions field it is definitely a very very wide horizon with vast possibilities of growth and success, however at the same time it can prove a gamble too. since you have studied in the field and have had considerbale experience already too i'd think in the long run you might be better of in the profession that youre more passionate about and have studied for. Not just because you want to be in it or it's exciting, but also because keeping in view the current trends, professions in meida are experiencing massive booms. video direction and production is a very highly rewarding field. so maybe you should work out a plan to follow in order to pursue the career; decide what you want to do exactly, where do you want to start, whether youre equipped enough to launch yourself into the field or would you be requiring affiliation with some renowned houses or names in the field for some period to gain experience, name and exposure. then once youre sure where youre headed take the step. I'm sure with faith and hardwork you'll achieve success.

Comment

thanx haris

Comment

Working...
                X