India

Avg. Salary ($) 15,630
    Avg. Salary (local Currency) 710,774

Pakistan

Avg. Salary ($) 13,930
    Avg. Salary (local Currency) 840,536

http://www.certmag.com/articles/templates/...id=981&zoneid=1
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸

A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

Re: Global Salary Information 2004 (IT Sector):

haven't read the article, but this looks way 2 general...what exactly in the IT sector? there are so many things that can be defined specifically in the IT sector that earn on avg a lot more than what this chart has shown...

Comment

^^^ yea but its average pay in IT sector, some has low some has high. average pay is always generic and just an indicator, by look at chart, in UK and i m above average. I think figure are indictive and tend to be true. dont include high flyers in average pay.
      پاکستان پاکستان

Comment

^^ According to this, I should move to Switzerland!
        The Pakistani Brain of the Austria (formerly known as "The Pakistani Brain of UAE")

Comment

I totally agree with DM. Salary for IT jobs can be anywhere from 28K to 80K in Canada. Its very big range.

Comment

^ most are near 30k now since market is so saturated.
            [ M ] - Awesome Wedding Photographer + Videographer in Canada

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceMS
              ^ most are near 30k now since market is so saturated.
              I disagree...
              having worked in HR and having hired technology professionals for positions ranging from interns to Managers of business units, we've had their salaries anywhere between $42K to $110K.

Like DM said, it depends on the type of job, the managerial status/responsibilities, the company etc.

and no... the market isn't exactly "saturated" - you just gotta look in the right places.
              For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

The range of Salary is there, no doubt. Although most job are concetrated around 30k for I.T jobs. I know because I was also hiring people about a year ago. I always thought 30k was an entry level job but when people with mind blowing amazing resume applies for a 30k job (with 30 year of xperience) it should tell you something how bad the market is out there.

In Canada - most money was in developing the systems. Most companies have developed their systems or are bearing what they already have. IF they really need too, they do it overseas (sometime) and even locally so many developers available the market is saturated.
                Long term steady income comes from support. With the new emerging technologies even that is being automated and soon 20 people will be replaced by 1. How do I know? because this is whats happening at my work place. Good chance I will not be where I am in couple of years because my job will be eliminated.

Umar Talib - check ur PM
                [ M ] - Awesome Wedding Photographer + Videographer in Canada

Comment

Originally posted by TARIQ786USA
                  Pakistan

Avg. Salary ($) 13,930
                  Avg. Salary (local Currency) 840,536
                  Median salary of Rs 70,000 per month is fairly impressive by any standard. I don't think many professions can boast such a high number in Pakistan.
                  "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

Yeah, u guys should look at the jobs listings in the [email protected] newsletter. I saw one for a project manager in jeddah which pays rs. 15-25k per month. Almost made me wanna puke.

Where are these rs. 70k/mth jobs dudes??

I might move to Switzerland too. Umer, want a roommate?
                    An Android a day keeps the Apple away!

Comment

^ Switzerland has expensive/higher living costs, so in comparision the saving at the end of the month will not be much different than Austria.

Comment

^ You are right Saadia. I went to Switzerland for 3 days last week and it's a damn expensive place. Shukkar hai, kay company paid for everything.
                        The Pakistani Brain of the Austria (formerly known as "The Pakistani Brain of UAE")

Comment

^ Yeah I know, its a damn expensive place to live at.

Last edited by SaadiaB; Jun 28, 2005, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TofiBaba
                            Yeah, u guys should look at the jobs listings in the [email protected] newsletter. I saw one for a project manager in jeddah which pays rs. 15-25k per month. Almost made me wanna puke.

Where are these rs. 70k/mth jobs dudes??

I might move to Switzerland too. Umer, want a roommate?
                            You got to be in right place at right time. One of my friends is in database (Oracle) field and earns Rs 100k monthly. BTW, no one seems to question US IT figures where average is shown to be US$63k. All these numbers are "averages". One of my friends here is in development (architect) and earns US$100k+ but then there are people who are in "Tech support" field and make $25k..... so it all averages out to these numbers.
                            Last edited by Captain1; Jun 28, 2005, 10:38 AM.

Comment

You guys are living in dream world or I hope this is not up to date yet what have wrote one of you about all that. I am an engineer graduated from usa 3 years ago since then i am still looking for my career job.

IT (sector) was good somewhere around 2000 but then there is no IT.

Comment

Working...
                              X