Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

accounts anyone??

hey there ya all...

how many here on gup shup are into accounts...
    both employed and studying!!!!!!

Give us the best reason u chose accounts over other fields.. ..

....like inspiration...challenging ( by the way, each field is a challenge in itself, but obviously a different sort of one....)

am new here, so a big hug to me...

i welcome myself.....does anyonelse???

byeee.......

Re: accounts anyone??

Do you mean accounting? I'm studying accounting in my last year, will gradute soon inshAllah. Why I went to that field, erm freshmen year of university I walked into the wrong class and ended up going into an accounting class and just loved it, it's challenging but not stressful (expect for the classes on tax). Anyway welcome to Gupshup. :-)

Comment

^^ tell me about it belle.....i just took Corporate Taxation exam and now praying to GOD that i pass it.

Comment

well...yeah u got it right...accounting...n related subjects...
        canbe either financial or cost....
        TAX,,well i had that subject when i was abt to graduate....tax is a bit touchy...just like a second wife who knows uabt ur first one...can really blow ur mind if u r reluctant.....
        am now doing CHARTERED ACCOUNTANCY........just cleared the foundation recently....n now hav to take on tax + business comm. n behav. studies + financial accnt 2....

n am stuck!!!!lost would be more appropriate...

Comment

i am on the same track buddy but i love all the other courses like auditing, ethics, law, finance etc. but i hated management accounting and tax....

Comment

its not that tax isnt interesting...i find it interesting alrite...i love mercantile n corporate law....one of .ma strong subjects..tax syllabus is way too much to b covered in 4 months...my exasm are due in sept....( exams are in mar, n sept, twice a year..), so i am lost where to begin...pluss the uk/canadian/states tax is different altigether from the paki one....

HEY GUYZ N GALS....U NEVER EXPRESSED ( except belle) WAT WAS THE REASON THAT BROUIGHT U INTO ACCOUNTS???

Comment

Our our COO at Gupshup, Faisal - is our resident in-house for accounting - a practitioner CPA who's lead quite a few depts. if I'm not mistaken

I took financial accounting and management accounting as part of my MBA... hated the former... loved the latter - I've utilized a lot of the management accounting principles in various consulting engagements.
              For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

^^ umar bhai u hated financial accouting???i loveeeeeeeee it.

arther: i have been in accounting since O-levels but i aslo had maths and physics all this time as you know how desi parents are... i got my inspiration from one of the CA at my dad's office in pakistan and later when i told my dad, who was the finance director and knew how much that CA made, he was impressed too...

Comment

accounts anyone?? The title simply threw me off. The only reason I got to this thread is becaue Umar used my name otherwise I wouldn't have guessed what the heck is this thread about
                  "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

bhoot ka baap, are you close to graduating? This is really sad because i'm graduating soon and I don't even know how much accountants make?

Comment

^^ nope Belle i still have one more year to go

and over here in canada...accounting firms pay like 36,000-45,000 to the new graduates depending upon the experience and other factors.

where u at ?

Comment

bhoot ka baap, I have one more semester hopefully insh'Allah. I'm in California.

So we'll pretty much graduate around the same time. Lots of good luck to ya.

Comment

^^ yeah....good luck to you too.

Comment

Giving ACCA core papers..
                            لا عيش إلا عيش الآخرة
                            BROTHERS NOT SLAVES. Regain Respect

Comment

bao bihari, hope you do great inshAllah, let us know how it goes? Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X