Loss of Productivity Due to Current Affairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss of Productivity Due to Current Affairs

There is never a dull moment and tens of point of views exist when it comes to Pakistani news. My WhatsApp groups, meetups, etc. are full of discussions about spicy news. In order to not get misled by one point of view, I try to look up and listen to other point of views as well. Another burden I feel is that if a co-worker asks me about some news then I want to give a proper answer. But doing so takes lot of time and energy to stay updated. I recently wasted almost 7 hours straight trying to catch up with various political news and point of views, and now regretting it.

How do you balance between staying well-informed and staying productive?

Has the Islamic Ummah or the senate committee of US hired you as a public policy advisors? Many people who fail in life dig very deep to find reasons to shift the blame. For me wasting time has always been like cheating my family out of the time which belonged to them, but then I don't know if you are involved in raising and mentoring your children. Negative thinking and mindset reduces Testosterones and increases cortisol and that makes one gain belly fat, loose muscle and gets them depressed and low energy. Jordan Petersen says to not watch news, he does not own a TV.

In that 7 hours you could have cleaned the apartment 7 times over, cooked meals for 7 days, painted the entire condo.

Comment

• decentGuy
      decentGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m glad you are still so pissed off.

decentGuy I know delusions are the fuel of life of many, as reality can be very depressing for some. You add a lot of value to my life as after my interactions on this forum, I made sure my kids stay miles away from this kind of mentality and I totally cut them off the delusional fantasy lands.

Comment

Bobz ji ye wo aakh mattake wale affair ki bat nai horai current affair ki bat horai hai. Chakkar chalane wale affair men to aap aur amir liaquat ka kon muqabla kar skta hai bhala
      My degree of sarcasm is directly related with your level of stupidity.
      "Hamari Koi aur branch nahi hai"

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Lota View Post
        Bobz ji ye wo aakh mattake wale affair ki bat nai horai current affair ki bat horai hai. Chakkar chalane wale affair men to aap aur amir liaquat ka kon muqabla kar skta hai bhala
        Mocking age difference is Blasphemy as per many ulema. There are thousands of examples of plural wives and big age gaps. Maybe Liaquat is not dheela like ur inbred chachaa zaad dulha. Does ur chachha zaad know you fantasizing about Liaquat?

Comment

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post
          There is never a dull moment and tens of point of views exist when it comes to Pakistani news. My WhatsApp groups, meetups, etc. are full of discussions about spicy news. In order to not get misled by one point of view, I try to look up and listen to other point of views as well. Another burden I feel is that if a co-worker asks me about some news then I want to give a proper answer. But doing so takes lot of time and energy to stay updated. I recently wasted almost 7 hours straight trying to catch up with various political news and point of views, and now regretting it.

How do you balance between staying well-informed and staying productive?
          Thats a very good topic and before it gets further derailed, let me sum up my two cents.

Its totally true that these days social media and messenger apps are full of political crap which is not only making things negative but i would rather put it as extremely toxic.

And yes no matter how hard you try, it'll effect your mood, focus and ultimately productivity.

first thing first, turn off news channel.

Second, stop reading those whatsapp/SM posts, messages which is full of this crap, even if its sent by your bestie or relative. You can actually put your whatsapp status as "no political posts" or something like that.
          Its not because you are not politically aware but its because you want to keep your sanity intact.

One thing i've lately done is disabling all notifications from social media, whatsapp etc. Man, thats the best thing i could do. Now i tell everyone if there is any urgent thing either call me directly or text. I feel it in control.

Now all that being said, it doesnt mean you dont stay informed. There are forums where you can read and actually get the facts without feeling overwhelmed and dark. And the best way is to only focus on FACTS which are actually coming from a reliable source. Dont pay attention to memes, forwarded material etc.

Remember you being in control is the ultimate justice you can do with yourself.
          Attitude is more important than facts.
          "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

^^ Thanks for sharing the tips. I’m one of those people who actually enjoy news and current affair programs. People watch dramas and movies to relax, for me it is news that makes me forget my worries for a while. But it is like an addiction when it comes to spicy Pakistani news.

Comment

To each his or her own. To me these political drama is getting too depressing since i dont see country getting benefitted from it.

The other day I pinged an old bud to ask where is she vanished and she replied i'm glued to the news. I was like whyyyyyyy...

And then i've these cousins who cant stop talking about politics whenever we meet more like going through whatsapp baseless forwarded crap. I'm like keep me outta it.

Thats one big reason I totally avoid our masjid community uncles who just absolutely luv to discuss Pakistani politics no matter what the occassion is
              Attitude is more important than facts.
              "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Working...
              X