Cyber Stalkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyber Stalkers

Unlike offline stalkers, cyber stalkers have to put in very little effort in the age of Google. They just have to know your full name or sometimes just your phone number to pull up lots of information about you. We often share our professional profiles online on sites like LinkedIn for prospective future employers to find, but these offonline stalkers get to them first. Sometimes the offonline stalkers would even call you or your boss at work just to create trouble for you. Other times they would call you impersonating as a prospective employer or leave voice mails.

What is it that one could do to avoid such stalking ?
    Last edited by decentGuy; Nov 16, 2021, 01:34 AM. Reason: Offline -> Online

I honestly doubt if there is anything doable in cyber stalking. Except raising public awareness may be and telling just to be mindful. But again would that work on those who dont care to begin with? i doubt it
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
      I honestly doubt if there is anything doable in cyber stalking. Except raising public awareness may be and telling just to be mindful. But again would that work on those who dont care to begin with? i doubt it
      I'm not so hopeless about ways to limit if not eliminate such stalking. One of the reasons I never got onto Facebook was one such step and it served me well over the years. The craze came and is now gone without affecting me. Some people in my life with whom I rarely interact with are some of the biggest stalkers and I absolutely hate that they have such powers. Few years ago I read that Google provided ways with which we could delist ourselves from Google search results.

Comment

Ok thats you but what if someone tries to pull in your info but if they cant get it, they do it via someone close to you. For example your siblings? I been targeted the same way.
        And you know the bigger problem is that if they go this way they may end up concluding their judgement on very wrong information. To me this is even more frustrating.
        Attitude is more important than facts.
        "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

I think scientists need to invent something to stop cyber stalking (which is not gonna happen anytime soon). Until then, the only thing that you can do is, keep your online social circle small.

Comment

Working...
          X