Paycut To Telework Or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paycut To Telework Or Not

Earlier it was only small and medium sized companies considering pay cuts in return for ability of employees to continue to work from home in 2022. Now some of the biggest companies such as Morgan Stanley and Google are also floating similar plans. The range of pay cuts I'm hearing is between 5% and 10%.

If you are given that option in 2022, will you take it? Why or Why not ?

Being a free spirit, i can't work sitting at a place for hours, so i will happily take the offer. But here companies, banks etc don't send you home until they squeeze the last drop out of your body.

Comment

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post
      Earlier it was only small and medium sized companies considering pay cuts in return for ability of employees to continue to work from home in 2022. Now some of the biggest companies such as Morgan Stanley and Google are also floating similar plans. The range of pay cuts I'm hearing is between 5% and 10%.

If you are given that option in 2022, will you take it? Why or Why not ?
      A friend of mine, who has been working from home since February last year, is dreading the thought of having to go back to work. I'm sure he'd be willing to get a pay cut, granted if its small enough, if it meant that he can continue working from home.

Also, if your pay structure is split into base pay and allowances such as transportation/fuel, I feel that the employer has the right to deduct at least the transportation/fuel allowance from your take-home pay. Which I'd think is 5% to 10% of your base pay, anyway.
      "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

O man 5% or more is a lot of paycut lol. No absolutely not, i would rather find another position and goto work then having a paycut.
        Attitude is more important than facts.
        "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

I think such a deal depends on how many people in my team are working remotely. I do not mind the pay cut. However, the thing is that if 70% of my team is working on-site and I'm the one who is doing it remotely, I will face more challenges, going to miss out on many things. For every meeting my on-site colleagues will have to make arrangements for me to join remotely. That won't look good.

Also, I have read some articles that suggest working remotely is bad for your career. Before making such a deal, I will be mindful of all those aspects.

Comment

Working...
          X