Working Night Shift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working Night Shift

Is there anyone here who works the night shift? I have been working the night shift for the past few months and it is affecting my productivity and focus negatively. It messes up my body's internal clock. Although the hours I sleep are still the same, yet the quality of sleep is not even half of what sleeping during night is like.

I wonder if other's have had similar experiences and if they found some trick to reset their minds to night mode?

Are you working remote or in office? If I remember correctly Smoke N Mirror was working in night shift, not sure about now.

If you can I would suggest give yourself little breaks in the middle. And do some cardio exercises like pushups, squats, situps or whatever possible. Btw pushups always help your mind staying active and also getting rid of drowsiness.

Overall working night is never a healthy thing so try switching it up when you can.
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Is it not possible for you to alternate between day & night shifts?
      "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
        Are you working remote or in office? If I remember correctly Smoke N Mirror was working in night shift, not sure about now.

If you can I would suggest give yourself little breaks in the middle. And do some cardio exercises like pushups, squats, situps or whatever possible. Btw pushups always help your mind staying active and also getting rid of drowsiness.

Overall working night is never a healthy thing so try switching it up when you can.
        Unfortunately I don’t have much of a choice in avoiding night shift for at least next 5 to 6 months. I’m working remotely from home. I will try doing some exercises as you suggested. In the beginning it worked out great as everyone else was asleep and there was a quiet atmosphere. But now I keep experiencing what many describe as brain fog. Things such as forgetfulness and losing stream of thought. Perhaps it's rooted in not getting quality sleep. Also my mind is so fresh toward the end of my shift, but it is so lousy when I’m starting in the evening. I want it to be the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by a7mado View Post
          Is it not possible for you to alternate between day & night shifts?
          Not possible, I have to stick to night shift for a while. But I think alternating b/w day & night shift will be even crazier.

Comment

Working...
          X