Property Investment amid covid19??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Property Investment amid covid19??

Hello All!..For those of ya..who are into property investment or even new house buyers..market has slightly slowed down amid Covid19. Here in Toronto where I am from..market seem to be still stable. I guess we will know..in up-coming months how the situation is going to be.
    For those who are Aussies, Europeans, US and Pakistan...how is the property market in your countries?

Would ya invest in property or say buy new house or would wait until this whole Covid19 is over???
    Last edited by Xtron; Apr 18, 2020, 03:50 PM.
    "Har Koi Deta Hai Zakham Gin Gin Kay ....
    Mein Kis Kis Zakham Ko Apna Naseeb Samjhoon"
    By Royal Gala

As far as people I know are concerned, I think it’s super tough for a lot of them to protect their existing investments, let alone make any new ones. The prices may come down but I don’t think they will be able to buy anytime in the next 2 years.

Comment

Yes I hear Japan has already put into affect Negative Interest Rates on Bank Deposits i.e. they started charging you a monthly fee for keeping money in Savings account...
      We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are!

Comment

Buy buy buy, as much as you can, I have gone into frenzy already.
        I'm either at work, in gym, working in the garden, or in my beautiful wife's arms!

Comment

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post
          As far as people I know are concerned, I think it’s super tough for a lot of them to protect their existing investments, let alone make any new ones. The prices may come down but I don’t think they will be able to buy anytime in the next 2 years.
          Yaa...you're right. Prices may come down. But again, but market like Toronto..the prices so far has been same. In Toronto and NY..there are Tenants who are not paying rent due to financial situation.

By Royal Gala

Comment

@Obama...well Canadian Banks actually lowered interest rates on Line of Credits and Credit Cards. And now offering lowered interest rates on mortgages. Not much but it helps...

@navzz....As decent said..prices may come down but it hasn't here in Toronto as of yet..so i might wait little. Average house prices are about 1 million plus here..
            By Royal Gala

Comment

Originally posted by Xtron View Post
              @Obama...well Canadian Banks actually lowered interest rates on Line of Credits and Credit Cards. And now offering lowered interest rates on mortgages. Not much but it helps...

@navzz....As decent said..prices may come down but it hasn't here in Toronto as of yet..so i might wait little. Average house prices are about 1 million plus here..
              Mate, you don't buy houses for investment, you buy smaller units and apartments for this purpose that you put on rent. If you have money parked in the bank for a deposit and you don't anticipate any major expenses coming along the way then go for it. In about six months time there will be huge demand for rental properties and you could capitalise. I have investment properties in the Uk and Australia, believe me, purchasing your first always seems like a daunting task but then you get used to of it, and wiser as well. good luck
              I'm either at work, in gym, working in the garden, or in my beautiful wife's arms!

Comment

I am just entering to housing market and few dollars aside for investment in the future Insha'Allah. But good tip bro!
                By Royal Gala

Comment

• navzzz
                  navzzz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bobby1 i think has a property portfolio and he lives in Canada too so he might be able to give more specific advice.

I'm no way a investor or a financially shrewd person but on one side I think its a good time to buy (assuming you have your finances well set), on the other hand yes the tenants are not paying. So who knows when will it be over. What if it comes in phases?
                Attitude is more important than facts.
                "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
                  I'm no way a investor or a financially shrewd person but on one side I think its a good time to buy (assuming you have your finances well set), on the other hand yes the tenants are not paying. So who knows when will it be over. What if it comes in phases?
                  Don't feel bad about yourself. Alan Greenspan (BA, MA, PhD), who was the Chair of Federal Reserve from 1987-2006 testified before congress in 2008 that he does not fully understand the risk factors of housing markets either.

Comment

• SID_NY
                    SID_NY commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm seriously thinking to use this time to do some Udemy courses to get financial understanding more clearly

any advice on investing in rental properties in USA ? I live near chicago

Comment

• Obama
                    Obama commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Old Friend once told me was to Multiply what you will receive in Monthly RENT By 120 i.e. Ten Years of Rental Income!

and Deduct 25 % from that! and THAT is what the Property is Worth!

See if that Works for you!

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post

Don't feel bad about yourself. Alan Greenspan (BA, MA, PhD), who was the Chair of Federal Reserve from 1987-2006 testified before congress in 2008 that he does not fully understand the risk factors of housing markets either.
                  I don't know why yo..this made me laugh!..good one..
                  By Royal Gala

Comment

Originally posted by Xtron View Post
                    The rule thumb for buying Rental Property ..One Old Friend once told me was to Multiply what you will receive in Monthly RENT By 120 i.e. Ten Years of Rental Income!

OR BETTER YET Ask our Resident Real Estate GURU Himself
                    Bobby1
                    We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are!

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post

The rule thumb for buying Rental Property ..One Old Friend once told me was to Multiply what you will receive in Monthly RENT By 120 i.e. Ten Years of Rental Income!

OR BETTER YET Ask our Resident Real Estate GURU Himself
                      Bobby1
                      If price to rent is lower than 20 than you buy
                      world bank and Cmhc think Toronto is very over priced
                      there are many factors, price to income, economic growth population growth
                      most population growth is immigration and COVID will reduce immigration
                      Last edited by Bobby1; Jul 3, 2020, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Das Reich View Post
                        any advice on investing in rental properties in USA ? I live near chicago
                        Same thing look at price to rent ratios and future economic growth, look at future commercial developments, civic amenities, crime stats etc wouldn’t buy blue collar area, many are doing Airbnb if income is higher than bills a good idea

Comment

Working...
                        X