getting started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting started

I want to start my own business.How do we go about collecting information on that. Well, I don't wanna invest my money in stocks or anywhere but if it's a small setup with a clear goal....I am all for chippping in the money. I don't know why, but I am getting more and more interested/enthusiastic in knowing more about export and import.
    And that too the import or export of ready made garments or textile products.......... Does anyone here manages a business of this natue... I heard something about Atif being invloved in one.

Where are you based?

Comment

Ehsan I am based in Karachi.
      I know a lady who is managing a business where she exports her stuff to UK ( e.g to NEXT and other such stores). Now, she has really worked hard on that, collecting samples from Italy and France of the trimmings and laces that are now made in her factory and exported to these outlets. This is just an example, ofcourse I can't own a factory but well, since I have been really, seriously thinking on these terms than I believe its important that one gets information about it first...

Do you know of anyone or have you got an idea that you can share with us :-) ?

Comment

I might be able to help you, PM me and and explain in a little more detail as to what exactly do you want to do.

Comment

Good call Minerva

I'm thinking on these lines too these days...only if I had the capital...aaaahhh

i know a lady who had a tailor sit in her house, she used to get clothes made in her house, then she used to take them to the USA, she had a friend there who used to arrange for places which would sell them for her, boutiques, some pakistani, indian families and masjid melas etc for Eid etc, and then she used to go and sell them...she used to make enough profit to cover travel costs and make decent money other than that...

Also some ladies get karhai done from women in Neelam colony or Pathan basti in karachi...and then sell those handicrafts...APWA does stuff like that does it not?

Good luck and keep us updated abt how it goes!

Comment

We have a website featuring textile products; we also go to trade shows. Please let me know if I can be of any help to you. Irem that sounds interesting. My sisters would love to work with you if you are interested in export. Let me know ...

Saqib

Comment

Working...
            X