regarding premed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

regarding premed....

Can ne1 plz tell me.. that if you want to major in philosophy or ne other non sci major .. u still can get the premed prerequisites done ??

yeh u can major in anything as long as u take all the required courses, a friend of mine majored in law and went to medschool

Comment

however it may be harder to get into med school if you are competing against premed students.

Comment

NO WHAT I MEANT WAS, U TAKE ALL THE REQUIRED BIO COURSES AND THE PHIL COURSES OR WHATEVER U WANT TO MAJOR IN, WHILE U ARE IN THE PREMED PROGRAM, AND U CAN GET INTO MEDSCHOOL. So it doesn't really matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Comment

Ummehani
          I think I miss read your post. Yes you can major in anything and still get all the premed prereqs done as long as you put in the effort and time. Just remember that doing both will mean very little overlapping courses so you would basically have to do the as if you were majoring in both premed and philosophy.

however, with such a combo you may make one hell of a shrink

Comment

Aishaaa tsk tsk tsk.....

Ummehani
            this is what happens when you do premed

Comment

phil has absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH A SHRINK!!!!!!! WHERE DO U COME UP WITH THESE COMPARISONS?

Comment

other shrinks

Comment

Originally posted by Aishaaa1:
                  phil has absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH A SHRINK!!!!!!! WHERE DO U COME UP WITH THESE COMPARISONS?

I disagree... in fact Philosophical inquiry is fundamental in Psychiatry - it can aid in the understanding and explication of experience and behavior!
                  For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

thanx guys .. i really appreciate that..
                    but jus wondering..am not interested in completing a bach's i wud jus skip da last year of uni..n in da first 3 yrs take all da premed prerequisit' n other courses of watever thing i major in..

Comment

Working...
                    X