"W" on transcript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"W" on transcript

how would one or two W's look on a transcript if applying for med/dent school? Does it look really bad?

Depending on your school's policy, the W should disappear once you take the class again. Its better than getting a D or F.

Comment

W does not disappear, but still shows on the transcript. Now as far as how it looks for a college application, unless you have many of them you could be fine, if you are overall a good student and have 2 w's in one semester or some year, you can always justify it. I had a couple of W's from my sophomore year in college, and during my grad school interview they did ask about them, but I explained that as a period when i was evaluating what I really wanted to do..and changed my major the very next term, so the courses i dropped were of the major in which i had lost interest. They were fine with it.

someone else i know had a few w's and some c'd from about the same time period and it was attributed to family challenges that impacted his studies for a semester, but then the rest was okay.

Now some ppl will say that a bad grade or even an F looks better than a W because it shows that you tried. This is BS, actually I had asked thsi question when i was interviewing for my MBA,a nd they said tenacity is important, but so is knowing when to hold em and when to fold em. (i paraphrased)
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

thanks uncle, im dropping it

Comment

Working...
        X