Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my interview with QualComm

salamz

today i had my interview with qualcomm for a graphics internship position working primarily with OpenGL...

it was a weird interview.. i have given over 13 interviews sofar with various hi-tech companies and most to them are 30 to 40 minutes min.. but this one was different..

the call came at 12.30pm (EST) and the interview ended at 12.40(ESt) with the words.. "you will receive an email for an office interview within 2 - 3 days"

this interview has left me lost.. did i do good in the interview or bad? y did the interview end so early.. ??? hmm guess that guy was not much of a talker on phone..

lets c if i even get an email or not.. (lets hope i do.. coz i love this job)..

please pray for me

JazakAllah
    wsalam
    mujh sey khushiaan ley gaya aur degya kagaz kay phoool
    abb meray ghar mein paray hain jabaja kagaz kay phoool

Hey AnsooN,

its very common for phone interviews to be short - a lot of times, the interviewer is just trying to get a feel for how you communicate in terms of your verbal skills and while doing so they also sense whether this position is something that would intereste you as a candidate.

For me, most of the phone interviews I've had have been around 15 mins and they've been with employers who're typically large companies or firms that are remote from where I am. Typically there's a round of second and third interviews following the phone call.

If you do think of it as more of a screening out phase, and I guess its good if you had a shorter interview.

Best of Luck for the actual face-to-face interview.
    For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Hmm I am curious. Was the 10 minute interview really specific to OpenGL/graphic programming? Or did u get general 'Are u a team player' kinda questions.

I'll just add that not every company has the same hiring process. Some might just have 1 interview ..and some might stretch it out to 3/4 screenings mostly because of the number of applicants. So if they said they will email you...then prolly they will.

best of luck
      "If I'm not back in five minutes, keep waiting." - Freakazoid

Comment

yeah the interview was quite specific with regards to the Opengl and graphics programming so i guess they were just screening..

Comment

thanks

Comment

Hey I have worked for them in CDMA 3G Wireless division in La Jolla, San Diego. It's a great place to work ... they are usually good about following up so don't worry, be happy

Comment

Working...
            X